Throughout the year, we offer a wide range of events to help film makers get their hands on the latest technology, learn a new skill and get ahead of the competition. Our events include new product launches, training workshops, Masterclasses from top DoP’s and interactive webinars.
All of these events have a practical bias, emphasising hands on learning from experts within the industry. Whether you are a complete novice or seasoned professional, we have events to suit all levels of skill and experience.
In this Webinar, Obs Doc DoP Jeremy Humphries will take you through his step by step process of pre-production planning before even a frame has been shot. It all starts with the initial storyline treatment and then the thought process in how to translate the words into pictures that will linger with our audience the next day, week or month later.
Using examples of his own work including BBC1’s This is My Song Jeremy describes how the wide range of kit available influences his decisions which will affect the shoot, post, the final film and ultimately, decisions that will help realize that storyline.
We are running a 45 minute session starting at 11:00. This will be an interactive webinar and questions will be welcome at anytime.
In this webinar Jeremy covers:
- What’s your story?
- Research and inspiration
- Translating an idea into pictures
- How sensor evolution influences decisions
- Talking to production - concept, schedule, post and cost implications
- The decision-making process
- Making sure all eventualities are covered
- What camera, what lens
- Shooting handheld – rig required?
- Will it be in low light? Primes, zooms and speeds
- If Log, why?
- Shooting multicamera
- Lighting for story (and multicamera)
- Communication: everyone talking the same language
- Cause and effect: decisions made now have a knock on
- Being open minded and not letting the technical hinder the story telling.
Do you get confused with the sheer variety of cameras available and would you like to order gear that gets used and doesn’t lie idly by because the ‘speed’ of a lens isn’t correct?
Would you like your questions answered from a cameraman who has been there and used the kit? Help is on hand!
Join Jeremy Humphries, a BBC trained DoP and MD of Skills2Film, who will provide answers and help to give an overview of the kit available out there. From Sony’s King of the Jungle the FS7 to the Z90, FS5 and the brand new Z280, Jeremy will explain and talk cameras, kit and sense!
He will use his own case studies to describe why he has chosen the kit he has on recent productions. And ultimately you will go away being able to talk the same language as your hire company, saving time, patience……. and money.
- Chris Morphet - Cameraman
- Dhruv Gadhvi - Cameraman
- Rob Newton
- Paul Myles - Manager Multi Media Journalism Training BBC Academy
- Brian Marden Jones
- Steve Vousden - News Craft Coordinator, BBC Wales
- Tony Jones - Director- Lighting Cameraman/DoP/Editor/PD
- Twitter user
- Michael Cotes
- Moxey Imaging
- Kelvin Richard - DOP