The Zoom H4n has been a very popular external recorder for DSLR filmmakers, and now, Zoom are taking the new H4n PRO successor model to a whole new level. If you are looking for an affordable external field recorder, this very well may be it.
The Zoom H4n Pro keeps the beloved form factor from the predecessor model, but incorporates new features such as advanced re-designed microphones, high-performance mic pre-amps, and an extremely low noise floor bringing filmmakers, musicians and creatives high-quality four-track audio recording for music, film, podcasting, and just about everything else.
The on-board X/Y microphone pattern deliver spectacular stereo imaging, and two combo input jacks allow you to use your favourite microphones as well. It also includes a headphone/line out jack to easily send high-definition stereo directly to your camera.
The new Zoom H4n Pro includes, a more robust body shell, locking XLR inputs to ensure your mics stay securely connected to the unit, low-noise, high-fidelity pre-amps found in the higher end Zoom H5 and H6 recorders.
Features in mode detail:
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- High-fidelity mic preamps
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90˚ and 120˚
- Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones
- Two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Stereo 1/8" Mic In mini phone jack
- +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and Plug-in power (2.5V) via Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Output/headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- New rubberized and ergonomic body with improved 1.9 inch backlit LCD display
- Built-in reference speaker for fast playback
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Onboard Mid-Side decoding
- Internal mixdown: four-track to stereo and stereo to dual mono
- Up to 99 marks per recording
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, modulation, reverb/delay and amp models
- Normalize (maximum gain) and Divide (file splitting) functions
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150%, without affecting pitch
- Variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- USB port for file transfer to and from computer
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Mounts to mic stand or tripod, or directly to DSLR with optional Hot Shoe adapter
- Runs on 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries with up to 6 hours of operation (up to 10 hours in Stamina mode)
The Zoom H4n Pro is a fantastic low-cost solution for filmmakers and video producers on a budget, especially if they are using DSLR or mirrorless cameras to capture video. Since those do not have the professional XLR inputs, and usually have poor audio pre-amps, the H4n Pro comes in very handy and allows users to plug in 2 x wireless lavalier mic systems or shotgun microphones for dialogue, or a mixture of the two.
The Zoom H4n Pro uses SDHC cards for redording media and is powered via 2 x AA standard batteries. The Zoom H4n Pro is currently available to order from us for just £199 + VAT. To place your order simply give us a ring at 0208 977 1222.