Back in February we gave you a sneak preview of the great new features including the details about the HFR (high frame rate) possibilities that version 4.00 will bring. Well true to their word Sony have now released version 4.00 which is available now !!
So, if you have a VENICE or are thinking of renting or buying one then the news about firmware V4.00 being available will be music to your ears. For full details see below.
Sony highly recommends this firmware update for immediate installation on all VENICE systems to ensure highest performance. In order to update to Version 4.00, the VENICE requires an internal hardware modification by Sony Service or authorized partners such as Visual Impact (0208 977 1222).
Please remember to provide your serial number when contacting us.
Software version 4.00 at a glance
1. Support of High Frame Rates The following expansion of the imager mode frame rates (FPS) are supported by installing the optional High Frame Rate License (CBKZ-3610H/HM/HW). For information on how to purchase the HFR license call us on 0208 977 1222.
- 6K 3:2: 26 to 60 fps
- 4K 4:3: 49 to 60, 66, 72, 75 fps
- 4K 17:9: 66, 72, 75, 88, 90, 96, 100, 110 fps
- 4K 2.39:1: 120 fps
2. Support of RM-B170, RCP-1501 or other remote control units for Live Production applications
3. Support of Rec.2020/HLG_Rec.2100 combination for HDR productions when RM/RCP Paint Control is set to “On”
4. Support of Pure-P output via the Monitor output
5. Support of extended Metadata
- The following metadata has been added to RAW, X-OCN, and XAVC recording.
- Lens distortion and shading metadata are recorded, compatible with Cooke’s /i third generation metadata technology (/i3) and ZEISS eXtended Data Technology.
6. Support of additional functions for Assign Buttons A/B/C on the DVF-EL200 viewfinder
7. Support of selection for either the Top or Side 4pin Lens interface
When Project frame rate is 29.97 and 59.94 and AXS recording, sometimes audio noise occurs in playback. That audio noise is playback issue and recorded audio is fine. This trouble could be solved by power ON/OFF. Sony is going to release updated firmware which solves this later.
Details of Major Functions Updated in Version 4.00
- High Frame Rate function
The following expansion of the imager mode frame rates (FPS) are supported by installing a High Frame Rate License (CBKZ-3610H/HM/HW).6K 3:2: 26 to 60 fps4K 4:3: 49 to 60, 66, 72, 75 fps4K 17:9: 66, 72, 75, 88, 90, 96, 100, 110 fps4K 2.39:1: 120 fps
- Added control function from a remote control unit
Control from an RM-B170, RCP-1501 or other remote control unit is supported. When Technical > System Configuration > RM/RCP Paint Control is set to Off in the full menu: Recording/playback control, iris control, zoom/focus control, ND control, FPS configuration, and Colour Bars on/off control are available.
When Technical > System Configuration > RM/RCP Paint Control is set to On in the full menu: Shutter control is available, in addition to the controls available when RM/RCP Paint Control is set to Off. Master gain and White/Black gain control and other paint functions also become available.* The functions that can be controlled depend on the control unit.
- Rec. ITU-R BT.2020 support
The international standard colour space recommendation is supported. When RM/RCP Paint Control is set to On, Rec.2020/HLG_Rec.2100, which is a combination of this colour space with the Rec. ITU-R BT.2100 HLG standard for HDR, can be selected
- Monitor output 3G support
Pure-P output is supported on the Monitor output for project frame rates of 59.94 fps and 50 fps.
- Added items to metadata
The following metadata has been added for RAW, X-OCN, and XAVC.ˎˎLens distortion and shading metadata are recorded, compatible with Cooke’s /i third generation metadata technology (/i3) and ZEISS eXtended Data Technology.
- Added assignable functions when DVF-EL200 is attached
Some adjustment functions of the unit can be assigned to assignable buttons A/B/C on the DVF-EL200. Functions related to viewfinder display and the REC command, among others, can be assigned.
- Added support for designating the active connector of the PL lens interface
The Top or Side 4-pin hot shoe connector position can be selected. This also prevents any discharge current flow from the unused connector when a lens is attached.
To see this great camera in action, give us a call to arrange a demo on 0208 977 1222. If you want to learn more, head over to our website www.visuals.co.uk.
For more information, you can contact us directly via the following:
Tel: 0208 977 1222
For tips and independent advice follow us on:
Watch more Visual Impact videos here: www.youtube.com/user/visualimpactuk