At this year’s NAB show, (yes I know it seems like a long time but it’s not really) Sony launched the HDC-5500 which for many people sneaked under the radar. This is Sony’s new systems or live production camera that is positioned between the HDC-4300 at the top and the HDC-3500 below. Normally this type of camera has a narrow market but I think a couple of great features on the HDC-5500 may well change all of that.
At the core of the HDC-5500 are newly developed components which bring some great features. A new 4K 2/3” CMOS sensor with global shutter brings high sensitivity, low noise, wide dynamic rage for HDR and no banding ! While the impressive video processing chip delivers 4K direct from the camera head to the CCU for live broadcasting. It supports optical fibre transmission as standard and can deliver wireless 4K.
Applications include sports, live events, entertainment and studio. Also with the new 4K baseband transmission system, this compact camera is ideal for use in steadicam and wireless camera systems. The camera also has the ability to capture high frame rates in HD via an optional paid HD HFR license.
- New 2/3″ 3-CMOS 4K Image Sensors with Global Shutter
- New powerful 4K video processor, allowing direct 4K output from the camera head
- High sensitivity F10, superior S/N ratio 62dB, Wide Dynamic Range for HDR
- 19-inch 3U Half Rack Size Camera Control Unit (CCU)
- SMPTE ST2110 and NMOS IS-04/05 support for IP, 12G-SDI for baseband – Dual 4K baseband streams over Ultra High Bit-rate fibre transmission
- Wireless Side Panel Option
- Supports “Portable License” for Flexible Operation
- HD HFR license and 4K license transferable amongst cameras
To see this camera in action, give us a call to arrange a demo on 0208 977 1222. If you want to learn more, head over to our website www.visuals.co.uk
For more information, you can contact us directly via the following:
Tel: 0208 977 1222
For tips and independent advice follow us on:
Watch more Visual Impact videos here: www.youtube.com/user/visualimpactuk