In this interview we talk to special effects guru Mark Turner about his work on high profile TV, Film and corporate events.
Mark set-up MTFX in 1993 and has been involved in special effects for over 20 years. Working on wide ranging projects such as the L2012 opening ceremony, Paralympic Closing ceremony, BBC Casualty, Poldark, Sky Atlantic’s Fortitude, Iron maiden tour, Kylie's tour, BBC's Dr Who and the Telly Tubbies!!
MTFX special effects was created in 1993 by Mark Turner as a special effects provider for TV and corporate events.
The company has grown over twenty five years and now has several sections within the business. The main core about MTFX is as a TV, film and events special effects provider, with additional specialist areas in high voltage stunts, confetti and celebratory equipment and the Aquagraphics water display systems. Set in five acres of rural Gloucestershire, England, the company site includes a testing ground upon which effects are tested to make sure our clients always get the effect they need. The fulltime team have many years of experience in different areas of TV and film effects, pyrotechnic and stage special effects, water display visuals, fabrication and mechanical techniques.
To date their achievements include:
- 2018 Commonwealth Games Handover
- 2017 Azerbaijan Games
- 2017 Turkmenistan Games
- 2015 Azerbaijan European Games
- 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games
- 2014 Sochi Winter Paralympics
- 2012 London Olympic Games, integral effects in opening and closing ceremonies
- Celebratory confetti for the wedding of HRH Prince William
- Celebratory pyrotechnics at the Diamond Jubilee flotilla celebrations of HRH Queen Elizabeth II
- Worldwide installations of Aquagraphics water display systems
- High voltage stunts used for TV and film worldwide
- BBC and ITV accredited special effects advisors
- Large scale sporting effects across UK and the world
- Worldwide tours with rock and heavy metal bands
- Corporate launches
- Experiential marketing launches with blue chip companies
- Video game launches
- Corporate exhibition stand displays
- Permanent installations in theme parks and attractions worldwide
More from Visual Impact Podcast:
For more information, you can contact us directly via the following:
Tel: 0208 977 1222
For tips and independent advice follow us on:
Watch more Visual Impact videos here: www.youtube.com/user/visualimpactuk