Wireless video monitoring solution makers Paralinx just announced their 2nd generation Paralinx Tomahawk transmitters. The compact Tomahawk 2 system has a wide coverage range of 2,000 feet (around 600 meters) and can maintain a latency of less than 1 ms, which is more than impressive.
The Tomahawk 2 is the latest long-range wireless HD video transmitter system from Paralinx, which are well known for their affordable and very compact wireless monitoring solutions such as the Paralinx Ace.
The Tomahawk 2 system is comprised of a transmitter and a receiver and both feature 2-Pin power connectors. The T2 transmitter features a wide 6-28 volt input range, while the receiver has 7-17V input, allowing users to power the system from a variety of existing options.
To ensure maximum compatibility and flexibility with camera equipment on set and in the field, the Tomahawk 2 features both 3G-SDI input (with loop-out) & HDMI input on the transmitter, and a 3G-SDI output on the receiver.
The Tomahawk 2 can transmit up to 1920 x 1080 at 60fps in 4:2:2 and is capable of sending video to up to 4 receivers simultaneously. The transmitter weighs only around 208 grams without the antennas, while the receiver weighs only 50 grams more.
Paralinx Tomahawk 2 Features Summary
- Lightweight Minimalist design for Handheld, Steadicam, Gimbal, and UAV Payload
- Transmitter features both 3G-SDI & HDMI inputs and SDI loop-out. Receiver features 3G-SDI output.
- Rugged machined-aluminum enclosure for both the transmitter and receiver
- Ultra long-range transmission - Up to 2,000 feet (600 meters)
- REAL-TIME viewing - Less than 1 millisecond latency
- Visually lossless full-HD video signal allow critically accurate monitoring
- Multicast capable (up to 4 receivers per transmitter)
- 128 bit AES Encryption - Secure transmission
- Operates on 5gHz frequency band
- Conforms to major technical and environmental standards including FCC, CE, MIC (TELEC) and RoHS Specifications
Tomahawk 2 vs. the original Tomahawk
- Dual-Input Transmitter (HD-SDI & HDMI)
- Receiver is lighter and 60% smaller
- Input voltage range is now 6-28V on Transmitter
- Machined-aluminum Receiver enclosure improves durability
- Integrated 1/4-20 & 4-40 mounting points on Tx/Rx
- Compatible with Teradek Sidekick (1stGen)
- Compatible with Teradek Bolt 2000, Sidekick, or Paralinx Tomahawk (1st Gen)
- All Transmitter+Receiver sets include custom case
The Paralinx Tomahawk 2 wireless HD transmitter system is available to pre-order, however bear in mind that UK pricing has not yet been confirmed. US price is $7500 for one receiver and one transmitter pair.
Users can also select battery plates, antennas, mounting brackets, power cables, and custom cases are all available as accessories to help customize almost any production set-up.