- Protecting your gear from the elements is not only important, but a necessity, we all know that. Camrade has some fantastic protective bags and rain covers for a wide range of cameras from all major brands including Sony, Panasonic, Canon, Blackmagic Design, AJA and many more. Their philosophy and mission is to provide optimum protection and carrying comfort under all conditions. camRade is continuously developing a high quality range of enclosures specially designed to protect equipment and make it easier to transport with safety. So whether it's protection from harsh weather or transport, camRade has your back.
- ARRI previously announced back in the Fall, that their documentary-style AMIRA camera will be able to record 4K UHD on-board in the near future. Today ARRI has made good on its promise to unlock the true potential of their "baby" ALEXA - the ARRI AMIRA by announcing the SUP (firmware update in ARRI speak) 2.0 which will give the camera UHD recording options and to the delight of thousands of broadcast DP's and producers - broadcast workhorse MPEG-2 50Mb/s 422 MXF recording in a future update to come in the middle of 2015.
- Some say your video is only as good as it sounds, and they are right. Often times a lot of people fall for the trap of compromising audio quality in lieu of wowing the audience with pretty pictures. In some situations however, immersive audio will draw the audience much better into the video experience than beautiful images alone.
- The AJA CION was announced at last years NAB trade show in Las Vegas and easily became of the hottest new products at the show. Many attendees and industry folk were surprised to see AJA bringing out their first camera, sort of following the foot steps of competitor Blackmagic Design, who did the same a few years back with their first camera. The 4K CION is a fully capable production camera sporting a Super 35 4K sensor, internal 4K recording in various ProRes flavours, slow motion capabilities, as well as an option for 4K Raw via 3G-SDI out to an external recorder.
- As the acclaimed FX series "Sons of Anarchy" nears its finale, director of photography Paul Maibaum, ASC continues to rely on solutions from Anton/Bauer, Litepanels, and OConnor during the production’s stage and location shoots in Southern California. The DP and his crew have trusted the gear to perform throughout all seven seasons of this hit show.