At NAB 2016 Pelican Cases announced a brand new line-up of super-light travel cases called Pelican Air that still offer the premium protection and solid durability Pelican are well known for, but also helps frequent flyer shooters avoid extra charges for excess baggage.
The new Pelican Air cases have been engineered to maintain the same standard of durability, while still reducing the weight of each case by up to 40 percent and offering new sizes not currently available in the Pelican classic or Pelican Storm lines.
The Pelican Air are going to be available starting May 1st and shooters can pick them up in six long-form, travel-ready sizes. Construction utilises a lightweight HPX2 resin, the next generation of Pelican’s proprietary formula that rebounds to stress without breaking.
The 1535 Pelican Air case (Wheeled Carry On) was designed with the frequent flyer in mind. The case is almost the same dimensions as the 1510 Pelican case, which is extremely popular among video professionals as it can be carried on a plane in the overhead compartment.
Both the new 1535 Pelican Air and the 1615 Air comply with overhead bin standards and current airline check-in size regulations.
Pelican Air Features
- Super-Light Proprietary HPX² Polymer
- Proven Tough Double-Throw Latches
- Automatic Purge Valve Balances Air Pressure
- Watertight O-Ring Gasket
- New Style "Conic Curve" Lid Shape
- Crushproof and Dustproof
- Stainless Steel Hasp Protectors
- Rubber Overmolded Handles
- New Removable Polycarbonate Card Holder With Front or Side Placement
“The Pelican brand is synonymous with protection and has set the gold-standard in the protective case market for more than 40 years,” said Lyndon Faulkner, President and CEO of Pelican Products. “While using the Pelican classic case design as the basis for the new line, our engineers have spent the past two years re-imagining the classic case with a focus on taking out weight while maintaining the same high level of performance customers have come to expect from Pelican. This revolutionary Pelican Air case design underscores Pelican’s continuing commitment to innovation and making a legendary product even better.”
The Pelican Air cases will be available in the following configurations:
- No Foam (empty)
- Pick N Pluck™ foam – cube shaped foam that is fully user customizable
- Padded Dividers – newly redesigned with a fully-sewn tub, felt exterior and high-visibility yellow interior, making it easier to identify equipment
- TrekPak™ - a completely new divider system with rigid, customizable panels and locking pins
The new TrekPak divider system is really cool and will be popular with shooters who want to get the maximum real estate in their cases, while still retaining fully customizable compartments for cameras, lenses, audio, monitors and other accessories.
Check out the video below for more info on the TrekPak divider system:
To get your new Pelican Air cases, get in touch with us on 0208 977 1222.