Sound Devices recently released MixPre Series Firmware v1.11 update for the new MixPre-3 and MixPre-6.
The firmware update will provide new playback functionality as well as other system enhancements to previously released versions. It is highly recommended that MixPre Series users update to the latest version of firmware available as soon as possible.
Changes introduced in MixPre Series Firmware v1.11 update include:
• When playing back a file, the file's remaining time is now shown in the Status Bar.
• The File List Number is now editable from 1 to 9999.
• The Current Project name is now displayed in the Menu>Project header.
• The Headphone output is briefly muted when Aux In Mode is changed to prevent loud audible pops.
• Various system improvements and enhancements.
• In some custom setups, ISO Tracks were recorded low level when Tracks L and R were disarmed.
• File corruption when power was depleted mid-recording.
• Some custom mode settings were not retained after a power cycle; for instance, 40 Hz Low Cut Filter setting was set to 80Hz after a power cycle.
• After a power cycle, channel gain was not set correctly until the channel knob was slightly adjusted.
• Channel 5 and 6 did not correctly show limiter activity when Input Source was set to Aux In.
• Clip indicator showed twice for one clipping event.
• Changing headphone gain while in the Solo/Mute screen caused incorrect monitoring and routing of signals to the headphone output.
• Gain and pan controls were not grayed out on channel 2 when channels 1 and 2 were linked as a stereo or MS pair. (MixPre-3 Only)
• Engaging record with a full SD card inserted created small files.
• Incorrect message was displayed when attempting to record with a locked SD Card inserted. Now, 'SD Card is Locked' is reported.
• Camera Meters (C1, C2) did not display signal activity in Custom Mode with Advanced Headphone Settings.
• Camera and USB Meters didn’t show any activity during playback.
• USB Audio Routing was incorrect while playing back.
• The Open Project Menu list was displayed incorrectly when rapidly scrolling through it.
• Audio Delay could have been incorrect after changing sample rate.
• A recording's first sample could have been incorrect after changing sample rate.
• Improved stability of HDMI Timecode.
• USB Keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Z did not perform Undo.
• USB Keyboard shortcut F2 did not enter the File List.
• The Record/L&R Gain setting incorrectly altered the L&R track playback levels. The setting should only affect the L&R record levels, not the L&R playback levels.
For a detailed specification on the firmware update, please visit sounddevices.com.