Blackmagic Design unveils new addition to the URSA camera lineup with new URSA Broadcast, "the world's most affordable and flexible professional broadcast camera" according to Blackmagic. Designed for the traditional broadcaster, the camera uses the lenses and batteries broadcasters already own, and it also eliminates weird media cards and file formats found on traditional cameras.
It records onto regular SD cards and uses the same common file formats found on broadcast media management systems and most NLE software. Also compatible with UHS-II cards and CFast cards, and captures 1080i or 2160p video while using 10‑bit broadcast quality DNxHD 220X, DNxHD 145 or ProRes codecs as well as lossless 12‑bit CinemaDNG RAW.
The camera features a new extended video mode that produces pictures you don’t need to colour grade, meaning you can shoot, edit and get content on the air faster than before. This is the first camera that finally lets AV and web broadcasters afford a true professional broadcast solution that's dramatically better than DSLRs!
Blackmagic Design URSA Broadcast Specifications
• 2/3″ 4K sensor (13.056mm x 7.344mm)
• Extended video dynamic range, traditional external controls and buttons, built in optical ND filters, dual CFast and dual SD card recorders.
• Advanced HD and Ultra HD broadcast camera with ⅔” B4 mount.
• New extended video mode with better dynamic range and color fidelity
• Full electronic B4 lens control support for adjusting focus, iris and zoom
• Built-in dual SD/UHS-II and CFast card recorders
• Records 1080i or 2160p video into standard .mov files using DNx145, DNx220X or ProRes • Support for DNxHD 220X, DNxHD 145, Apple ProRes 4444 XQ QuickTime, ProRes 4444 QuickTime, ProRes 422 HQ QuickTime, ProRes 422 QuickTime, ProRes 422 LT QuickTime and ProRes 422 Proxy QuickTime, CinemaDNG RAW, CinemaDNG RAW 3:1, CinemaDNG RAW 4:1.
• High quality clear, 1/4, 1/16th and 1/64th stop neutral density (ND) filters with IR compensation
• Fully redundant controls
• Interchangeable lens mount with B4 mount included as standard. Optional EF, PL and F mount available separately.
• Features all standard connections of the URSA camera line
• Built-in high-quality stereo microphones for recording sound.
• 4-inch foldout touchscreen for on-set monitoring and menu settings.
• Blackmagic SDI Control Protocol for external control or iPad control via Bluetooth®, 2 x 2.5mm LANC for lens and record control.
Blackmagic URSA Broadcast Accessories
• Blackmagic Camera Fiber Converter.
• Blackmagic Studio Fiber Converter.
• ATEM Camera Control Panel (available May/June 2018).
• Blackmagic URSA Broadcast Shoulder Kit features built-in rosettes, rail mounts, viewfinder mount, integrated tripod quick lock release and top handle.
• Blackmagic URSA Viewfinder is a high-resolution viewfinder that includes a full HD OLED display and true glass optics for perfect focus.
• Blackmagic URSA Studio Viewfinder featuring 7” screen, variable tension mounting points, easy grip handles, external controls and more.
• URSA VLock Battery Plate provides a VLock compatible plate for attaching third-party batteries.
• Interchangeable EF, F and PL lens mounts