Blackmagic Design announce Camera 4.5 update which adds support for the new Blackmagic URSA Mini SSD recorder which records RAW or ProRes onto SSDs. This update improves SDI output latency to less than 1 frame for URSA Mini Pro as well as lowering LCD monitoring latency.
The Camera 4.5 update also improves support for B4 lenses as well as fixing focus and iris control bugs with some Canon lenses, and more.
Further more, this software package allows you to update your Blackmagic Camera to the latest software release for new features, bug fixes and other enhancements.
The unique design of the Blackmagic URSA Mini SSD Recorder attaches directly to the back your URSA Mini Pro between the camera and the battery. It uses 6G-SDI as a data link to the camera so you don’t have to worry about starting or stopping the SSD recorder. Everything is setup and controlled directly from the camera.
What's new in Blackmagic Camera Setup 4.5
• New support for Blackmagic URSA Mini SSD Recorder.
New features for URSA Mini SSD Recorder
• Added RAW & ProRes record capability to SSD Recorder.
• Added playback capability from SSD Recorder.
• Added SDI and SSD status LED indicators.
• Added ability to use 1TB, 2TB and 4TB SSD’s.
New features for Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 4.6K
• Added support for URSA Mini SSD Recorder.
• Added user interface information for SSD Recorder in media status page.
• Lowers SDI output latency to less than 1 frame for live production.
• Lowers LCD monitoring latency.
• Added Program Audio option for prioritising return audio in headset.
• Improved support for B4 lenses.
• Fixed focus control on Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 STM and USM lenses.
• Fixed iris control on Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM zoom lens.
• Fixed bug where audio levels reset after power cycling.
• Fixed bug where lens change was not recognised in metadata if powered off.
Updated URSA Mini Manual to include SSD Recorder and F Mount instructions.