Starting off in Glasgow on March 17th, then passing through Manchester on the 19th, Bristol on the 24th, and finishing in London on March 26th, the LLEx2015 brings the latest in professional broadcast video technology to thousands of video professionals throughout the UK.
- It is this time of the year again when we embark on the UK biggest regional event for audio and video professionals – The Look Listen Experience 2015.
- ARRI has done it again – they've taken the best features of the ALEXA and this time given it a lightweight carbon fibre treatment in a very compact package. The ALEXA MINI is designed for wireless operation for drones and 3-axis hand held gimbal stabilisers. Such stabiliser device have been growing in popularity across a variety of productions from narrative, commercials, music videos to documentaries and corporate work.
Talented DP Bradford Young, known for lensing incredible films such as Aint Them Bodies Saints, and Pariah, recently shot his latest thriller set in New York in the winter of 1981 entitled “A Most Violent Year”. Directed by J.C. Chandor, for the shoot, they decided to go with the ultimate image quality when it comes to digital cinema and the anamorphic look - ALEXA XT Studio, XT Plus and XT M cameras, as well as the marvellous ARRI/ZEISS Master Anamorphic lenses.
Just before Christmas, ARRI announced a full complement of professional-quality accessories from its PCA range, specifically tailored to Sony’s PXW-FS7 camera. These accessories will be available individually, or in several competitively-priced sets, providing unrivalled reliability and compatibility with industry-standard tools.
The ARRI Adapter Plate for Sony PXW-FS7 is compatible with ARRI's BP-8 and BP-9 bridge plates, as well as VCT-style tripod adapters such as the ARRI Quick Release Plate QRP-1 (when used with the supplied wedge adapter). Incorporating an ergonomic shoulder pad, the adapter plate also boasts sturdy extended rosettes that fit both Sony’s original telescopic handgrip and all rosette-based handgrips and handgrip extensions. There is a built-in 15 mm rod console and an optional 15 mm rear rod console for accessories such as image transmitters, displays and batteries.
The ARRI Lens Adapter Support LAS-1 is a sturdy lens adapter support that fits an extensive range of third-party lens adapters, including EF and PL mount. The LAS-1 also supports special optical adapters such as the Metabones Speedbooster.
The ARRI Top Plate for Sony PXW-FS7 is a low mode plate with numerous 3/8-16” and 1/4-20” threaded accessory interfaces, as well as an optically centered built-in console. Compatible with ALEXA’s CCH-1 handle, ALEXA M's CCH-2 handle and the original Sony FS7 top handle, the top plate incorporates two solid metal focus hooks positioned at the sensor plane level. Furthermore, the plate is slightly raised above the camera top surface, meaning accessory screws that are longer than the thickness of the plate will not damage the camera.
The ARRI PCA accessories for the Sony PXW-FS7 will be available from February 2015.
Sony FS7 Firmware Update Version 1.10
NEW FEATURES & IMPROVEMENTS
- • 1.) Support for 'S-Log2 gamma' has been added.
- • 2.) The operability of 'Iris setting' using the 'Iris dial' and the 'assignable dial' has been improved.
- • 3.) 'Video Signal Monitor' display enabled condition has been changed as follows:
- • (a) Default value of 'Output Format' has been changed - This allows 'Video Signal Monitor' display without changing the 'Output Format' from the default setting.
- • (b) Video Signal Monitor display is now available in 'Edge Crop mode'.
- However, when the 'Rec Format' or the 'RAW Output Format' is set to 4096x2160 or 2048x1080, there will be no output on the View Finder.
- • 4.) 'Zoom Ring Direction setting' is now saved after Power OFF.
To order your Sony FS7 visit our website and for any accessories needs you can contact our ARRI & Sony specialists at 0208 977 1222.