Designed specifically as an audio recording solution for DSLR video applications, the DR-701D 6-Track Field Recorder from Tascam features dual built-in omnidirectional microphones, four XLR/TRS inputs with phantom power and is capable of recording up to 6 tracks simultaneously. It supports a variety of mounting configurations, featuring a 1/4"-20 thread on the bottom for tripod mounting, as well as a removable camera or cage system attachment bracket with a 1/4"-20 screw.
The DR-701D features an HDMI input that can be connected to your camera's HDMI output, allowing you to start and stop recording remotely via the camera's record button if your camera sends HDMI signal triggering. If your camera sends timecode via HDMI, the DR-701D will follow it and write it to the recorded file. Your NLE software will then read that embedded timecode to lock sound and picture together in post. Additionally, audio being recorded on the DR-701D can be added to the incoming video and timecode from the HDMI In port and sent from the DR-701D's HDMI Out to an HDMI monitor recorder. The recorder can also lock to SMPTE timecode coming into its BNC connector.
The DR-701D features a rugged build quality yet weighs less than a pound & a half including the 4 AA batteries that power it. Battery life depends on usage, but with 4 lithium batteries, internal clock, and phantom power on two inputs, the unit is designed to record for over 5 hours at 16-bit/48kHz. The unit can also be powered using the optional PS-P515U AC adapter. Audio is recorded to SD, SDHC, or SDXC cards up to 128 GB and can be recorded at resolutions of up to 24-bit, 192kHz. In addition to the four XLR/TRS inputs, a 3.5mm stereo mini-jack input with optional plug-in power is provided for connecting an external stereo mic.
- 6 maximum simultaneous recording tracks
- SD/SDHC/SDXC cards used for recording media
- MONO, STEREO, 2MIX, DUAL MONO, DUAL ST and DUAL2MIX recording modes
- Recording formats: 16/24-bit, 44.1/48/96/192kHz (WAV/BWF) (192kHz only for two-track recording)
- Built-in original TASCAM HDDA mic preamps provide high audio quality
- Input levels can be adjusted separately for each track
- XLR/TRS inputs support +4dBu line level and 24/48V phantom power
- Clock and record start/stop can be synchronized with a camera using the HDMI port
- DR-701D audio signal can be output to an external camera or recorder from the HDMI OUT or line output
- Cascade function using HDMI connections allows multiple DR-701D transport and monitoring operations
- SMPTE Timecode can be input through the TC IN connector to add recording start times to files
- Timecode generator (RTC) allows recording start times to be added to files even when there is no timecode input
- Plug-in power mics and high output mics (EXT IN 1/2) supported
- Tascam DR-701D
- USB Cable
- 6 x Camera Attachment Bracket Screw Hole Covers