Canon CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S
The new Canon CN-E 18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S is a brand new lightweight and compact Cinema EOS lens with cine-servo functionality. The lens is available in Canon EF mount and features a maximum aperture of T4.4, which is constant througout the entire zoom range.
The ergonomic design and lightweight design makes handheld shooting a breeze thus making the lens ideal for shooting documentaries, interviews, weddings, indiependent films and corporate videos.
The CN-E 18-80mm T4.4L IS KAS S features 3 image stabilisation modes and is fully compatible with the Dual-Pixel Autofocus system on Canon cameras such as the C100 mark II and the C300 Mark II. The 18-80mm is a true ENG zoom for large Super 35 sensor cameras and a affordable option compared to our existing cine-servo lenses which tend to cost 3 to 4 times more. For the first time since the Dawn of the DSLR revolution more than 6 years ago, there is a trully affordable Cine Zoom with Servo Control - the 18-80mm is a perfect companion to any C300 or C300 Mark II shooter.
The optional Canon ZSG-C10 servo zoom hand-grip is dedicated for the lens making the lens ideal for use with hand held rigs.
Key Features (when used with Canon EOS Cinema cameras)
- Peripheral illumination correction for reduced lens vignetting and maintanence of even illumination from corner to corner.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF (DAF): Fast smooth and consistent autofocus, including the ability to track moving subjects and achieve more natural focus pulls/transitions.
- One-shot AF: Quickly focus on the main subject at the centre of the screen with one button. This feature is excellent for grabbing shots or when you are prioritizing focus in the centre of the screen.
- Continuous AF: Keep the subject at the centre of the screen in focus automatically. Gives users the ability to track subjects at the centre of the screen automatically.
- Push Auto Iris: Compensates backlit/difficult lighting situations during manual shooting. Automatically adjusts the aperture for an optimal exposure.
- 4K Resolving power producing exceptionally high quality images
- 4.4x zoom ratio (18mm to 80mm) with a constant T4.4 aperture maintained across the entire zoom range
- 3x image stabilisation modes for fluid handheld work
- Canon EF mount - offers support for fast and accurate Dual Pixel CMOS auto focus
- 9 blade iris for a pleasing ‘bokeh’
- Lightwieght at just 1.2kg
- Minimal focus breathing thanks to the 3-group inner focus system
|CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S Specifications|
|Image Coverage||Super 35|
|Maximum Relative Aperture|| (T No.) 1:4.4 at 18-80mm|
(F No.) 1:4 at 18-80mm
|Angular Field of View|| 68.7°× 41.9°|
17.5°× 9.9° (*1)
18.6°× 9.9° (*2)
|M.O.D (from Image Plane)||0.5mm|
|Object Dimensions at M.O.D.||43.4 x 24.3cm (at 18mm)|
9.5 x 5.3cm (at 80mm) (*1)
46.2 x 24.3cm (at 18mm)
10.1 x 5.3cm (at 80mm) (*2)
|Approx. Size (W x H x L)||93.4 x 107.2 x 182.3mm|
|Approx. Mass||1.2kg (incl. servo unit)|
(*1) Imaging screen size 24.6mm x 13.8mm, Aspect ratio 1.78:1
(*2) Imaging screen size 26.2mm x 13.8mm, Aspect ration 1.9:1