4K UHD/50P recording on SD cards with high frame rates
• The XF405 supports UHD/50P MP4 and XF-AVC format (150Mbps) recording along with additional XF-AVC support coming via a firmware update in 2018.
• The XF405 offers 100P high frame rate recording, which brings stunning slow motion in Full HD.
• The combination of 1.0-Type CMOS sensor and dual DIGIC DV6 offers high image quality footage with clarity and detail with outstanding high sensitivity and low noise.
• “Wide DR” mode enables the user to shoot with an 800% wide dynamic range providing details in mid to high tone.
High quality 4K lens with 15x zoom
• A newly developed 4K lens for 1.0 -Type CMOS sensor, using Super UD elements which minimise chromic aberration.
• The XF405 features an ultra-wide 25.5mm along with high magnification 15x optical zoom in 4K.
• A 30x Advanced Zoom capability in Full HD mode without image deterioration.
• A 9-blade iris diaphragm allows the operator to shoot beautiful and natural ’bokeh’.
• An advanced 5 axis Image Stabilizer helps to reduce image distortion.
• XF405 features three built-in optical density (ND) filters of 1/4, 1/16 and 1/64 (2, 4 and 6 stops).
• 0.8x Wide angle and 1.5x tele-converter for additional flexibility and coverage in 4K and Full HD
Dual Pixel CMOS AF for high-speed, precise autofocus
• The XF405 offers Dual Pixel CMOS AF, fast and accurate autofocusing in area of approx. 80% (vertically) x 80% (horizontally) of the image.
• The XF405 touch screen allows focus control and camera operation for an intuitive operation.
• Various AF options are offered including Face Priority AF and Face Only AF.
• The innovative Dual Pixel Focus Guide supports manual focus shooting by telling the focus position visually.
Network capability with FTP transfer and remote control
• The XF405 gives you more mobility – FTP files transfer directly from the camcorder or wirelessly by built-in WiFi.
• Using the XF405’s built-in Wi-Fi, it is possible to control via a smartphone or tablet using a Browser Remote. Additionally, the camcorder is fully compatible with the Canon Remote Controller RC-V100.
• IP Streaming (Full HD)* firmware update planned in 2018.
*via firmware update planned in 2018
Compact and lightweight body, professional operabi
|Sensor||1.0Inch type CMOS|
|Filter||RGB Primary Colour Filter|
|Total Pixels||13.2 MP|
|Effective Pixels per Sensor||8.29 MP|
|Subject illumination range||Approx. 0.1 lx 01 to 100,000 lx|
|Minimum illumination||Approx. 1.4 lx , P Mode(shutter speed 1/25 sec.) (50.00P; with auto slow shutter On), Low Light Mode: Approx. 0.1 lx (shutter speed 1/2 sec.)|
|Zoom Ratio||15 x Optical|
|Focal Length||Approx. 25.5 to 382.5 mm|
|Minimum Focus Distance||10 mm at wide end, 60 cm across entire zooming range|
|ND Filter||3 densities: turret switched, motor-driven|
Each press of the ND button will switch the display between ND 1/4, ND 1/16, and ND 1/64
|Zoom Control||Via Zoom Rocker Switch, Lens Control ring or Remote Control|
|Zoom Speed||Selectable. Variable or constant speed. Fast, Normal or Slow speed|
|Focus Control||Manual via Lens Ring, Dual Pixel CMOS AF, Face Only, Face Priority|
|Iris Control||Manual via Iris Control Dial, Auto|
|Aperture Range||f/2.8 - f/11 (AV Priority and Manual Modes)|
|Lens Elements / Groups||14 groups of 18 elements (double aspherical lenses and single Hi-UD lenses)|
|Image Stabilization System||Optical system (lens shift) + electronic stabilization|
Dynamic, Powered IS, Standard
|Aperture Blades||9 Blades|
|Digital zoom/Teleconverter||Yes. 300 X Digital Zoom, 2 X Digital Teleconverter.|
|Type||Dual DIGIC DV6|
|Dynamic Range||12 stops (800%) in Wide DR mode|
|Sampling accuracy||YCC 4:2:0|
|Bit depth||8 bit|
|Video storage media||SD/SDHC/SDXC card|
|Type||Class U3 recommended for recording at 150MBPS|
|Recording time (64GB Card, approx.)||150 Mbps: 55 Minutes. 35Mbps: 240 Mins|
|Recording File System||FAT32/exFAT|
|Internal Recording Format||MP4 3840x2160 (150 Mbps) / 1920x1080 (35/17 Mbps) / 1280x720 (8/4 Mbps)|
NTSC: 59.94P / 29.97P / 23.98P
PAL: 50.00P / 25.00P
|External Recording Output||SDI: XF405 Only|
NTSC:1920x1080 59.94P YCC422 10bit /1920x1080 29.97P YCC422 10bit
PAL: 1920x1080 50.00P YCC422 10bit / 1920x1080 25.00P YCC422 10bit
HDMI: XF405 and XF400
NTSC: 3840x2160 59.94P YCC420 8bit / 1920x1080 59.94P YCC422 10bit /3840x2160 29.97P YCC422 8bit / 1920x1080 29.97P YCC422 10bit
PAL: 3840x2160 50.00P YCC420 8bit /1920x1080 50.00P YCC422 10bit /3840x2160 25.00P YCC422 8bit / 1920x1080 25.00P YCC422 10bit
|Recording frame rate (PAL Mode)||50.00P/25.00P|
|Slow/Fast motion||Yes.3840 x 2160: 50.00P x2, x4, x10, x20, x60, x120, x600, x1200 17.5 Mbps. 25.00P x0.5 180 Mbps|
1920 x 1080/1280 x 720:50.00P x0.5, x2, x4, x10, x20, x60, x120, x600, x1200 70 Mbps. 25.00P x0.25, x0.5 140 Mbps
|Pre Record (cache record)||Yes. 3 Seconds|
|Still quality||3840x2160 / 1920x1080 / 1280x720|
(Still image resolution is dependent on the video resolution)
|Photo Storage Media||SD Card|
|Recording||MPEG-4 AAC-LC (16-bit 2CH) / LPCM (16-bit 4CH)|
|Control||Manual or Auto|
|Reference Tone||1KHz, -12dB / -18dB / -20dB / Off|
|Microphone Level Meter||Yes|
|Type||LCD Capacitive touch panel|
|Size||3.5-inch (8.9 cm)|
|Dots||(approx. 1.56 million dots)|
|Focus Assit||Yes. Focus Guide Function in MF|
|Peaking||Yes. Selectable Peaking Colour: Red / Blue / Yellow|
|Zebra||Yes. 70%, 100%|
|Markers||Yes. Horizontal (grey) / Horizontal (white) / Grid (grey) / Grid (white)|
|Dots||approx. 1.56 million dots|
|Correction Lens||.+2.0 - -5 diopter|
Inputs / Outputs
|Audio In||XLR 3-pin jacks (x2), balanced on Handle Unit. 3.5mm Stereo jack (unbalanced) on camera body|
|Headphone Output||Yes. 3.5mm|
|Video Monitor Output||No.|
|USB||Yes. Min-B and Hi-Speed USB supported|
|SD-SDI output||Yes. BNC Connector|
|LAN||Yes. Ethernet connector (RJ45) (supports 1000 BASE-T)|
|DC Input||Yes. 3.4mm Jack|
|Remote Control Terminal||Yes. 2.5mm mini jack|
|Exposure Metering||Centre-weighted average metering: In the AUTO, P, Av, Tv, Portrait, Sports, Low Light and IR modes Segment evaluative metering: Snow, Beach, Sunset, Spotlight, Night modes|
No metering: Fireworks; Fixed exposure [1/60 sec. (PAL: 1/50 sec.)], M (manual exposure)
|Exposure Compensation||Highlight AE, Exposure lock, Auto backlight compensation, Exposure compensation amount shown as ±3 when locked or ±2 in AUTO (±8 increments).|
|Auto Exposure mode||P, Tv, Av,), SCN (Portrait, Sports, Snow, Beach, Sunset, Night, Low Light, Spotlight, Fireworks)|
|Auto Gain Control setting||Yes|
|Auto Gain Control limit||In manual exposure (P, Av, and Tv modes): 0-29 dB (in 1 dB increments)|
Not wide DR mode, not S&F x 1/4: 0-29 dB (in 1 dB increments)
Not wide DR mode, S&F x 1/4: 9-29 dB (in 1 dB increments)
Wide DR mode, not S&F x 1/4: 9-29 dB (in 1 dB increments)
Wide DR mode, S&F x 1/4: 18-29 dB (in 1 dB increments)
|Gain Setting||M (Manual) shooting, Not wide DR: 0-42 dB (1 dB increments)|
Wide DR: 9-42 dB (1 dB increments) (Some of the above values include TBD items.)
All specifications are subject to change without notice
Mic holder unit (w/ screw)
Wireless Controller (WL-D89)
Lithium battery (CR2025)
AC adapter (CA-946)
Battery Pack BP-828