The aktiv6 Sideload Fluid Head uses Sachtler's truly innovative SpeedLevel technology to provide almost instant mounting and leveling of your camera rig on your tripod. The clamp and stud SpeedLevel system saves precious time leveling your camera rig by eliminating the need to screw on a tie-down knob. Designed for DSLRs, mirrorless, and digital cine-style cameras, the aktiv6 supports rigs weighing up to 17.6 pounds. This fluid head features 15 steps of counterbalance and three steps of pan and tilt drag adjustment, plus zero settings for both balance and drag.
The SpeedLevel technology replaces the traditional head screw and tie-down design with a strong clamp built into the head bowl and a stud component that clamps onto your tripod bowl or other mounting platform, such as a slider. Simply grasp the large lever on the head and pull it up to release the clamp, then press it down to lock your head in place. Partially lifting the lever allows you to quickly and easily level the head.
When used with a separately available flowtech tripod, the activ6 enables you to spread the legs flat, getting as low to the ground as your head can without a tie-down knob getting in the way. You can also mount your head directly onto a slider using a separately available aktiv system stud that screws onto support systems with a 3/8"-16 threaded stud.
The PrismBubble level system is pressed once to illuminate the bubble level to be illuminated or pressed twice to light up both the bubble level and the drag settings, a boon when working in darker environments. The bubble level also has a built-in prism, enabling you to more easily level the head when the legs are at set at maximum height or an awkward angle.
Mount your camera using the aktiv6 sliding balance plate with 1/4-20" screw and locating pin. With a sliding range of 4.7", this head adapts quickly to balance variously configured rigs. The Sachtler aktiv6 head also features a detachable pan bar that can be mounted onto the rosettes on either the right or left side of the head.
- SpeedLevel Technology
- Use the large integrated lever to quickly mount, level, and lock the head on your tripod or other base; lift up to release, lift partially to level, and press down to lock the head firmly in place
- SpeedSwap Base
- Centered around a metal stud, the SpeedSwap base clamps onto any 75mm bowl tripod or to the separately available slider base; additional bases can be purchased separately to fit a second tripod, dolly, or slider
- PrismBubble Level
- The illuminated PrismBubble is visible from any height or angle, saving you time when leveling at higher or lower positions
- 17.6 lb Capacity Fluid Head
- This 17.6 lb capacity fluid head is suited for larger DSLRs, mirrorless MFT cameras, and for pro-style digital cine cameras
- Stepped Counterbalance and Drag
- 15 steps of counterbalance and three steps of pan and drag plus zero settings for free spins and tilts
The sideload plate has 4.7" of travel for balancing your rig and both a 1/4"-20 screw and a locating pin to prevent twisting
|Camera Plate Features||Sideload, Sliding Balance Plate|
|Camera Plate Type||Sideload Plate|
|Camera Mounting Screw||1 x 1/4"-20 Male with Locating Pin|
|Balance Plate Sliding Range||4.7" / 120 mm|
|Base Mount||75 mm Half Ball|
|Pan & Tilt|
|Drag Control||Pan: Stepped 3-Step Plus 0; |
Tilt: Stepped 3-Step Plus 0
|Vertical Tilt||+90° to -70°|
|Independent Pan Lock||Yes|
|Independent Tilt Lock||Yes|
|Load Capacity||0 to 17.6 lb / 0 to 8 kg|
|Counter Balance||Incremental 15-Step Plus 0|
|Pan Handle Fittings||2 x Rosette|
|Bubble Level||1 x Illuminated|
|Weight||5.7 lb / 2.6 kg|