- Three ultra-low-noise Kashmir microphone preamps with adjustable limiters capture high quality audio in the field, on set, or with a computer.
- Create a mix using the built-in 3 x 2 portable mixer.
- Record up to 5 tracks to an SD card and backup to a USB thumb drive.
- 5-in, 2-out USB audio interface streams to your computer via USB-C.
- Choose bit depths from 16 to 32-bit float, and sampling rates from 44.1 kHz to 192 kHz.
- Internal LTC timecode generator. Timecode In/Out via Aux In/Stereo Out.
- Timecode and record triggering via HDMI.
- USB-A for control surfaces, keyboards, and auto-copy to USB drive.
- In-unit ISO mixing, gain, pan, low-cut, phase inversion, and phantom power.
- Sunlight-readable color touch screen and LED metering.
- Lightweight, durable, and small: perfect for bag use, mobile recording, or a home studio.
- Powerful 300 mW+300 mW headphone amp allows clear and accurate reference of audio.
- Includes a MX-4AA Battery Sled (batteries not included), MX-PSU AC Power Supply, and USB-C to USB-C cable.
- Customize with plugins from the Plugin Store.
What’s New in the MixPre-3 II?
- Bit depth up to 32-bit float for increased dynamic range.
- Record up to 192 kHz.
- Faster, more advanced hardware.
- Internal LTC Timecode Generation and Output.
- Adjustable Limiters.
- Auto-copy to USB Drive.
- Pre-roll buffer increased to 10 seconds.
Versatile. Durable. High-Performance.
If you record field audio, sound effects, podcasts, voice-overs, music, audio for film, or are just starting your audio journey, the MixPre-3 II is for you! With three crystal-clear, ultra low-noise Kashmir preamps, you can record multiple actors, multiple podcasters, or audio for small productions with superior quality – all the way up to a 32-bit float bit depth and a 192 kHz sample rate. This newest generation of Sound Devices’ award-winning MixPre Series has been redesigned for increased performance and an astounding 142 dB of dynamic range.
Your MixPre-3 II is highly customizable to your needs. Record internally to a compatible SD card on set or stream your podcast over USB to your computer at home. Power with your computer, wall power, or record in the middle o