Features: HD 1080i & 1080p; Framerates 0.75-100 fps; Recording formats ProRes 422 (Proxy), 422 (LT), 422 in Rec709; 3 Looks, in camera adjustable image parameters for Knee, Gamma, Saturation & other, Focus and exposure control tools. K1.71700.0 - AMIRA camera body, camera handle, viewfinder mount, viewfinder cable K2.75004.0 - AMIRA Viewfinder MVF-1
Embodying the ARRI engineering prowess and undisputable legacy in the professional film business for the past 100 years, the new ARRI AMIRA is a 35mm format professional digital documentary style camera for the 21st century. The ARRI Amira is the sum of a flawless design, ergonomics and impecable image quality with immense versatility!
Ergonomically designed for one-man operation, with a single-user interface, and shoulder-mount design, the AMIRA blends ARRI's legendary quality and easy of use with the latest professional broadcast Apple ProRes codecs up to 4444 in frame rates up to 200fps, in order to meet even the most stringent requirements for outstanding image quality in the high-end digital acquisition domain.
Letting the user decide licences and a choice of lens mounts at the time of placing their order. Licenses are upgradable, if higher spec required at a later stage! The AMIRA includes ARRI's exceptional OLED viewfinder, with fold-away LCD screen and 16:9 area. Access menu operation and play-back via the electronic eyepiece included with every AMIRA camera set.
Users can adapt the camera for various shooting environments, utilitising the 34mm format with cinemative PL glass for documentary and drama shoots; importing 3D LUTs. Alternatively, change the AMIRA lens mount to B4 mount to accommodate 2/3" glass for 'run and gun' factual filming, and use the AMIRA's in-camera grading LUTs to ensure pictures are ready for broadcast, minimising time in post.
The ARRI AMIRA records onto affordable and highly reliable CFast 2.0 media. The AMIRA has a rugged body, with sealed electionics and efficient cooling.
ALEXA image quality up to 200 fps HIGH-SPEED CAPABILITY! See VIDEOS for HS footage shot on the AMIRA.
AMIRA records superior HD 1080 or 2K pictures that are suitable for any distribution format. With a dynamic range of more than 14 stops, low noise levels, subtle highlight handling, natural color rendering, breathtaking skin tones and speeds of up to 200 fps.
The ARRI AMIRA records Rec 709 or Log C images using ProRes LT, 422, 422HQ or 444 codecs. By recording to in-camera NEW CFast 2.0 flash memory cards with super-quick data rates, the route into postproduction is made as simple as possible.
- 35mm Format ALEV III CMOS Sensor with Dual Gain Architecture (DGA) and Bayer pattern color filter array same as the ARRI ALEXA
- HD 1080/2K; Log C/Rec 709
- ProRes up to 4444 on CFast 2.0 cards
- Built-in ND filters: Clear, 0.6, 1.2, 2.1
- Dynamic range of 14+ stops
- Up to 200fps using full sensor
- Solid lens mounts (PL/B4 2/3¿/EF)
ARRI AMIRA vs. ARRI Alexa Comparison
- The Amira is less expensive
- Up to 200fps vs 120fps on the Alexa
- UHD (3840 x 2160p) in camera on Cfast 2.0 cards
- No ARRIRAW, but solid broadcast favourite ProRes up to 4444 in camera
- Lighter and more ergonomic
- Designed for a one-man operation documentary style
- Perfect for broadcast, events, sports, corporate work, and narrative drama
- Pick up and shoot right out of the box
- Interchangeable mounts – PL, EF, and soon B4
Software Update Packet (SUP) 1.1 for all AMIRA camera models.
SUP 1.1 includes many new features and functions, improvements and bug fixes; we strongly recommend installing this free-of-charge update at your earliest convenience. You will find it for download at https://www.arri.com/camera/amira/downloads/
Below is an overview of SUP 1.1 features. Wireless remote control, previously scheduled for this software update, will now be coming in a later one. You will find some important advice on the use of SanDisk 128 GB CFast 2.0 cards as well as full details on all new functions in the Release Notes that accompany the download.
• Pre-record function – An internal buffer in the camera is used to record a perpetual loop, the length of which depends on selected options. When the REC button is hit, the clip recorded to the CFast 2.0 card will include the specified pre-record period at its start.
• Bluetooth audio monitoring – This allows audio to be monitored through wireless Bluetooth headphones. By using a microphone-equipped Bluetooth headset, spoken comments can be recorded during filming to provide guidance for editing and postproduction tasks. These comments are recorded to a separate fifth audio track, aligned with the four main audio tracks.
• Dynamic auto tracking white balance – For situations that involve a change of color temperature during a shot, the new dynamic tracking option makes an automatic white balance adjustment. Utilizing a sophisticated algorithm developed by ARRI, this adjustment is seamless, even for the most extreme color temperature transitions.
• Temporary licenses – AMIRA Advanced and Premium temporary licenses are now available at the online ARRI License Shop. Activated on a weekly basis, they provide a uniquely adaptable solution for the variable needs of owner-operators.
• EF and B4 lens support – With the forthcoming EF mount, AMIRA users can use EF mount stills lenses, controlling the iris in these lenses through the camera’s user interface. B4-type lenses with an integrated servo module gain support for the auto iris function, while one other servo button can also be used as an assignable user button.
• Ethernet remote – The graphical user interface (GUI) of AMIRA's LCD panel can now be displayed live on a device, such as a laptop, that is connected to the camera via an Ethernet cable. The user interface exactly replicates the camera's home screen menu, much like the AMIRA Simulator web tool. A further, wireless-based connection will be supported with a later SUP.
• Faster boot-up time – AMIRA will now boot up about 35% faster, reducing the boot-up time to full operation mode to around 13 seconds.
• Waveform display – A waveform display on the camera’s viewfinder image and LCD panel has been implemented, with the option to have the waveform full screen, or covering just a portion of the image. This provides a further tool for judging exposure levels.
• Color bar – AMIRA can now generate a color bar, allowing monitors to be calibrated.
• Enhanced HD-SDI outputs – AMIRA’s HD-SDI output has been refined to allow the overlay of information about timecode and other parameters that is seen in the viewfinder, to also be seen on monitors. Additionally, it will now be possible to use an HD-SDI signal input as a further ‘genlock-like’ sync option.
• LDS functionality – When using a Lens Data System® (LDS) lens on AMIRA’s PL-LDS mount, data about iris, focus and zoom positions will now be visible in the viewfinder and all lens data will be embedded in the recorded QuickTime files.
• Improved debayer – An improved debayer algorithm for AMIRA will now result in an even greater reduction of aliasing and noise, for smoother images.
• AMIRA operation – General usability has been further simplified and improved in various ways, for example the menu operation, messaging and button behavior.
For those productions that do need to generate UHD deliverables, AMIRA will now offer the ability to record all ProRes codecs in Ultra High Definition 3840 x 2160 resolution directly onto the in-camera CFast 2.0 cards, at up to 60 fps. This feature, activated through an affordable software license (and a sensor calibration for existing AMIRAs), comes in response to feedback from AMIRA customers, some of whom have been quizzed about 4K deliverables by clients. It is made possible by the camera’s exceptional image quality, its processing power, and its reprogrammable system architecture.
The UHD upgrade is expected to cost around 500 Euros and will be available to purchase from the ARRI Online License Shop end of January 2015.
Exc VAT Price £378.00 Inc VAT Price £453.60Cat no. K2.75002.0
Exc VAT Price £378.00 Inc VAT Price £453.60Cat no. K2.75001.0
Exc VAT Price £918.00 Inc VAT Price £1,101.60Cat no. K2.75003.0
Exc VAT Price £1,125.00 Inc VAT Price £1,350.00Cat no. K2.0001107
Exc VAT Price £1,125.00 Inc VAT Price £1,350.00Cat no. K2.0001103
Exc VAT Price £245.00 Inc VAT Price £294.00Cat no. K2.0001242
Exc VAT Price £395.00 Inc VAT Price £474.00Cat no. ARRI-K2.0003623
Exc VAT Price £612.00 Inc VAT Price £734.40Cat no. K2.75000.0
Exc VAT Price £576.00 Inc VAT Price £691.20Cat no. K2.0000399
Exc VAT Price £884.70 Inc VAT Price £1,061.64Cat no. K0.0001280
Exc VAT Price £459.00 Inc VAT Price £550.80Cat no. K2.0001221
Exc VAT Price £100.00 Inc VAT Price £120.00Cat no. K2.75006.0
Exc VAT Price £1,143.00 Inc VAT Price £1,371.60Cat no. K2.47090.0
Exc VAT Price £288.00 Inc VAT Price £345.60Cat no. K2.0001240
Exc VAT Price £405.00 Inc VAT Price £486.00Cat no. K2.0001239
Exc VAT Price £216.00 Inc VAT Price £259.20Cat no. K2.0001297
Exc VAT Price £35.10 Inc VAT Price £42.12Cat no. K2.0001222
Exc VAT Price £412.20 Inc VAT Price £494.64Cat no. K2.74000.0
Exc VAT Price £30.60 Inc VAT Price £36.72Cat no. K2.0001223
Exc VAT Price £88.20 Inc VAT Price £105.84Cat no. K2.75005.0
Exc VAT Price £873.00 Inc VAT Price £1,047.60Cat no. K0.0001249
Exc VAT Price £1,863.00 Inc VAT Price £2,235.60Cat no. K0.0001244
Exc VAT Price £2,889.00 Inc VAT Price £3,466.80Cat no. K0.0001245
Exc VAT Price £4,459.50 Inc VAT Price £5,351.40Cat no. K0.0001246
Exc VAT Price £5,661.00 Inc VAT Price £6,793.20Cat no. K0.0001247
Exc VAT Price £126.00 Inc VAT Price £151.20Cat no. K2.75007.0
Exc VAT Price £162.00 Inc VAT Price £194.40Cat no. K2.0001275
Exc VAT Price £52.20 Inc VAT Price £62.64Cat no. K2.0001274
Exc VAT Price £32.40 Inc VAT Price £38.88Cat no. K2.0001272
Exc VAT Price £32.40 Inc VAT Price £38.88Cat no. K2.0001273
Exc VAT Price £135.00 Inc VAT Price £162.00Cat no. K2.0001268
Exc VAT Price £32.40 Inc VAT Price £38.88Cat no. K2.0001271
Exc VAT Price £2,682.00 Inc VAT Price £3,218.40Cat no. K2.0001238
Exc VAT Price £3,582.00 Inc VAT Price £4,298.40Cat no. K2.0001237
|AMIRA Technical Data|
|Sensor Type||35mm format ARRI ALEV III CMOS (28.17x18.13)|
|Sensor Pixel Count||3414 x 2198: 2880 x 1620 (HD 16:9), 2868 x 1612 (2K 16x9), for monitoring with surround area: 3168 x 1772 (HD), 3154x1764 (2K)|
|Recording Pixel Count||1920x1080 ProRes HD and HD ouputs, 2048 x 1152 ProRes 2K|
|Lens Mounts||PL mount w/ Hirose connector and LDS, B4 mount w/ Hirose connector*, EF mount|
|Shutter||Electronic shutter, 5.0° to 356.0°|
|Exposure Index||EI 800 base sensitivity|
|Exposure Latitude||14+ stops over the entire sensitivity range from EI 160 to EI 3200 as measured with the ARRI Dynamic Range Test Chart (DRTC-1)|
|Integrated motorized ND Filters||FSND 0.6, 1.2, 2.1|
|Sound Level||< 20 dB(A)|
|Weight||approx. 4.1 kg/9.2 lbs (camera body with PL Lens mount)|
|Dimensions||approx. 4.1 kg/9.2 lbs (camera body with PL Lens mount)|
|Environmental||'-20° C to +50° C (-4° F to +122° F)|
|Viewfinder||AMIRA Multi Viewfinder MVF-1 (OLED and LCD)|
|Outputs Video||2x HD-SDI out 1.5G and 3G: uncompressed HD video with embedded audio and metadata|
|Outputs Audio||3,5mm headphone jack, Bluetooth audio*|
|Outputs Power||Hirose 12pin (for ENG type zoom lenses); 12V: D-tab, Hirose 4pin, Lemo 2pin; 24V: RS 3pin|
|Inputs||Genlock, HD-SDI*, Timecode (In and Output), all BNC|
|Other Interfaces||USB 2.0 (for usersets, Looks etc.), Ethernet*|
|Recording Media||CFast 2.0 memory cards USB stick: For importing and storing AMIRA Look Files, user set up files, frame line files and feature license keys. Stores captured stills from the live image in DPX (.dpx, 10 bit) or JPEG (.jpg, 8 bit) format. Stores log files. Also used for installing Software Update Packets (SUPs).|
|AMIRA / AMIRA Advanced / AMIRA Premium|
|Recording Formats||HD 1920 x 1080 (interlaced & progressive)||HD 1920 x 1080 (interlaced & progressive)||2K 2048 x 1152, HD 1920 x 1080 (interlaced & progressive)|
|Recording Framerates||0.75 - 100 Fps|
|0.75 - 200 Fps|
|0.75 - 200 Fps|
(w/ embedded audio & metadata)
|Rec 709 / Log C||Rec709||Rec709 & Log C||Rec709 & Log C|
|Looks||3 fix Looks (in camera adjustable)||Complete Look functions; import Looks||Complete Look functions; import Looks|
|Adjustable image parameters||Knee, Gamma, Saturation, Black Gamma, Saturation by Hue||Knee, Gamma, Saturation, Black Gamma, Saturation by Hue ASC CDL parameter (Slope, Offset, Power, Saturation)||Knee, Gamma, Saturation, Black Gamma, Saturation by Hue ASC CDL parameter (Slope, Offset, Power, Saturation)|
|Import of custom 3D LUTs||No||No||Yes|
|Focus and exposure control||Peaking, Zebra, False color||Peaking, Zebra, False color||Peaking, Zebra, False color|
|Whitebalance||Auto WB||Auto WB, Dynamic auto tracking WB*||Auto WB, Dynamic auto tracking WB*|
|WiFi camera remote control*||No||Yes||Yes|
|Audio monitoring*||Headphone output (mini jack)||Headphone output (mini jack), Bluetooth audio monitoring*||Headphone output (mini jack), Bluetooth audio monitoring*|
|Pre Record function*||No||Yes||Yes|
Features: HD 1080i & 1080p; Framerates 0.75-100 fps; Recording formats
ProRes 422 (Proxy), 422 (LT), 422 in Rec709; 3 Looks, in camera adjustable image parameters for Knee, Gamma, Saturation & other Focus and exposure control tools.
K1.71700.0 - AMIRA camera body, camera handle, viewfinder mount, viewfinder cable
K2.75004.0 - AMIRA Viewfinder MVF-1