Zeiss just added a third prime lens to their esteemed Batis family of full-frame lenses designed for the latest E-mount mirrorless cameras by Sony - the Batis 18mm f2.8 is a full-frame wide angle monster that boasts super-sharp image quality and premium build quality.
The latest addition to the Batis range is a super wide-angle lens with serious applications in the world of architectural and landscape photography. Video users who use the Sony A7sII or the Sony PXW-FS7 for example now have a fast wide-angle prime lens with an astonishing 99 degree FOV is ideal for achieving exceptional angles in landscape and even astro photography.
Currently the Batis range includes a 25mm f2.0 wide angle prime and an 85mm 1.8 portrait lens. The new ZEISS Batis 2.8/18 is a logical addition to the range, which allows photographers and video professionals to capture stunning quality shots even in small spaces.
Much like the 25mm and the 85mm Batis, the new 18mm f2.8 also features that innovative OLED display for focus and distance markings as well as the slick focus ring.
Features - Batis 18mm f2.8
- 99 degree angular field of view
- Designed for Sony E-mount Full-Frame Mirrorless Camears - A7sII, A7R, A7RII
- Impressive image quality with corner to corner sharpeness
- Covers 35mm full-frame and Super35/APS-C
- Widest autofocus full-frame lens available on the market today
- 11 optical elements in 10 groups for outstanding image quality
- OLED display for focus distance and depth of field
- Ziess Distagon Optical Design
- Dust and weather sealed
The lens is available in E-mount and is currently priced at around £990 + VAT and due to ship in the first week of May. To place your pre-order head over to our Zeiss Batis web page here or call us on 0208 977 1222.