The much awaited firmware update 2.0 for the Sony FS5 is now available to download from Sony Pro UK. The firmware is free of charge and adds some really exciting functionality such as expanded zebras, GPS, and Auto ND for fluid exposure compensation mid-shot.
Sony FS5 Firmware 2.0 details:
- Auto-ND function for automatic exposure adjustment.
- 4K/2K RAW recording to external is now supported. Note: CBKZ-FS5RIF is required and it is a paid separate license
- The zebra function has been enhanced, allowing you to select two types of setting. Also, the level settings can now be adjusted in 1% increments.
- You can now select the audio that is output in the headphones.
- GPS function is now enabled.
Firmware 2.0 is a free update, and FS5 users can download it directly from Sony here.
The Panasonic Varicam LT is also getting a new firmware update allowing support for the new ExpressP2 cards B Series in 256GB and 512GB capacities. Check out the details of it below.
Varicam LT firmware 11.93 Features
- Support for newly released expressP2 Card "B Series". (AU-XP0256BG/MC, AU-XP0512BG/MC: available end of May 2016) - Support for a capacity of 512GB and display function of recorded time and remaining time
- Support for DAILIES information display. The items of MENU for DAILIES are added - WATER MARK / WINDOW BURN / FRAME MARK
- Additional VF-SDI Output Format - 23.98PsF, 24.00PsF, 25.00PsF, 29.97PsF
- Interval Rec, One Shot and Pre Rec functions can also be used while System Frequency is 60i/50i.
- Support for SDI output of Camera Meta while clips are played
- Addition of OPEN IRIS Focus Assist
- Newly released AJ-WM50 wireless module is supported.
Varicam LT users can download firmware 11.93 from Panasonic's website here.
To learn more about the Varicam LT, check our First Look overview video we did with Alister Chapman below.
For all your Varicam LT needs and to place your order head over to our Varicam LT page or give us a ring at 0208 977 1222.