Sony just announced a brand new 4K camcorder - the PXW-Z150 XDCAM features a brand new 20 megapixel Exmor RS stacked 1-inch sensor, 4K UHD up to 30 frames per second in the XAVC-L codec, a 12x Optical Zoom lens expandable to 18x in 4K and 24x in FHD thanks to Sony's proprietary Clear Image Zoom technology, and the blazing fast 120fps Super Slow Motion in HD.
Sony did start off Day 1 of BVE 2016 with a bang by announcing their new PXW-Z150 XDCAM camcorder. The new camera is in good company next to the more compact PXW-X70 and the NX100, however this time, 4K UHD recording options are built in right from the start so you don't have to buy an additional license or upgrade.
Sony PXW-Z150 Features and Highlights
- 1" Exmor RS sensor with 12x G Lens (29mm - 384mm FF Equivalent)
- 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) recording in 25p/30p XAVC-L 100Mbps
- Full HD 10bit 422 at 50Mbps XAVC-L
- MPEG2 HD422 at 50Mbps and MPEG2 HD420 at 35Mbps
- AVCHD codec
- Clear Image Zoom technology - 18x Zoom in 4K, 24x Zoom in FHD
- Built in Wi-fi, NFC for remote control via smart devices, proxy live streaming
- 3G-SDI and HDMI connectivity
- 0.39-type 1440K OLED viewfinder and 3.5-type 1550K LCD panel
- 3 Independent Lens Rings - for Iris, Zoom and focus control
- Dual XLR Audio Inputs
- Dual SDXC card slots for Relay/backup recording
We had a chance to check out the new PXW-Z150 at BVE, check out our video from the show floor below.
“We wanted to introduce a portable camcorder which supports our customers in demanding situations, where there is the need for a solution which provides a quick set-up yet with high quality creative options,” said James Leach, Product Marketing Manager at Sony Professional Solutions Europe.
“The compact, lightweight camera body coupled with high quality creative features and 4K capability gives filmmakers the tools needed to take their work to the next level, whether it’s corporate, event or online videography.”
Here is some sample footage from the new PXW-Z150:
We saw the new PXW-Z150 at BVE and found it to be reminiscent of the HXR-NX100 in terms of design and we also think with the new features such as UHD recording, and 5x Slow Motion it will find a lot of love among the event, wedding and corporate crowd looking for a quick but very capable "out-of-the-box" grab and go solution for their productions.
To order the PXW-Z150 head on over to our website here or call us on 0208 977 1222.