Legendary tripod manufacturer Sachtler announced their latest addition to their successful FSB medium range tripod line-up - the new FSB 10. This is quite a major announcement as the FSB 10 is the first 100 mm fluid head in the FSB line. This means the FSB 10 is able to support up to 12 kg/26.5 lbs in payload making it perfect for medium sized cameras like the Sony FS7, Canon C100 Mark II, C300 Mark II and similar.
The new FSB10 features a higher payload than the 75 mm FSB 8, the FSB 10 can handle up to 12 kg (26.5 lbs) and allows camera professionals to use a wider range of camera configurations. The head comes in two versions with different camera platforms. Convenient sideload plates with long sliding range for front/back adjustment of the camera or Touch & Go plates enable a faster setup. Action sports photographer Tom Day, one of the most renowned filmmakers in the skiing world, famously snapped a picture of his FSB 8 system frozen while on location in the Alps yet still fully operational.
The new FSB 10 seems the perfect companion for docu shooters, corporate and wildlife filmmakers. The new tripod head replaces the DV10 fluid head and offers a more attractive entry price point into Sachtler’s 100 mm fluid head offering.
Sachtler FSB 10 Key Highlights
- Very smooth pan and tilt movements for precise panning.
- Drag modules with 5 drag settings +0 for fast adjustment.
- Robust and reliable – extremely dependable during operation.
- Long life time. Suitable for extreme environments.
- Speed-balance with 10 counterbalance steps for fast set-up of camera.
- Available in a Side-load version with long sliding range for front/back adjustment of camera or Touch & Go for very fast set-up.
- Useful spare camera screws in parking positions.
- Compact head with low weight.
- Integrated flatbase (e.g. for use on slider).
- Ergonomic design, operating elements are easy to access.
- Ideal for latest cameras such as Sony FS7, Canon C300 Mark II, Blackmagic Ursa Mini, Panasonic DVX200, Sony PXW-X180 and many others
The FSB 10 will make its debut this year at IBC 2016 at the Vitec Booth (12.E65) in Hall 12. Boasting five positions + 0 for pan and tilt drag, giving operators better flexibility and speed no matter their project or location, the FSB 10 will have a lot of shooters excited. For even more convenience, it also offers ten steps of counterbalance, compared to other products in the same market that only provide four.
“The FSB 10 is the perfect accessory for today’s modern camera operator on the go. It is ergonomically designed with our customers in mind and perfectly supports today’s digital cinema-style cameras, including the Sony FS7 and Canon C300. We are very proud to offer solid German engineering at a very affordable price,” commented Tobias Keuthen, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Sachtler.
The FSB 10 has an integrated flat base (e.g. for use on a slider) and an ergonomic design that gives camera operators easy access to operating elements, while other features include Sachtler’s award-winning Speed-balance technology.
Pricing starts at £1600 + VAT for the head only. Tripod/head combos start at £2,500 + VAT and go up to £3250 for the Carbon Fibre legs System FSB 10 ENG 2 MCF variant.
We'll catch up with Sachtler next week at the IBC show floor and report back a video on the new tripod and any other new bits. Stay tuned.