Today's modern digital cinema camera produce incredible images, but their power requirements grow exponentially with image quality and feature improvements. PAG recently introduced a series of new PAGlink batteries that have a capacity of 150Wh giving cinematographers the ability to run their cameras a lot longer then before.
The new PAGlink batteries feature an intelligent link feature, which means they are stackable - hence why users can use multiple batteries at the same time. However this setup usually adds extra bulk to the camera setup.
Therefore, the PAGlink PL150 uses the latest high-capacity Li-Ion cells, thanks to which PAG has been able to increase capacity by 50% without increasing the battery size. The PL150 batteries are fully compatible with the previous 94Wh and 96Wh PAGlink battery range and are available in both V-mount and Anton Bauer Gold mount for maximum compatibility with cameras like the ARRI Alexa MINI, Panasonic Varicam LT and Sony PMW-F5 and F55 among many others.
PAG claims that their latest batteries have the highest energy density of any 150Wh Lithium-Ion battery brought to market, and are ideal for powering digital cinema camera setups that have a high power consumption.
PAGlink PL150 Features
- 150 Watt-hours, 14.8V 10Ah
- Rechargeable V-Mount Li-Ion battery
- Batteries in any state of charge can be linked to combine capacities (2 = 300Wh, 3 = 450Wh)
- Current draw capability of 12A when linked (8A individually)
- Hard-wearing, high-current contacts
- Smaller design and higher energy density than any other comparable V-Mount Li-Ion battery
- Auto-compatible with multiple camera data systems and in-viewfinder capacity displays (Sony, Red, etc)
- Numeric Run-Time and Capacity Display
- Batteries can be charged whilst linked
- Charges on PAGlink, PAG V-Mount or Sony V-Mount Li-Ion chargers
- Reveals status and usage data stored in microprocessor, for easier battery management
- Battery software can be updated externally
- UN tested by independent authority for air transport
- 2 year guarantee with no restrictive conditions
- 133 x 84 x 50mm / 0.77kg
Linking two of these batteries doubles the capacity to the impressive 300Wh; while three batteries provide 450Wh! A feat that is currently unmatched by other competing products on the market. The PL150T and PL150e variant feature hard-wearing, heavy duty contacts for high-current applications. The rated maximum continuous output is 12A when linked (8A individually).
Linked batteries form a high-speed network that enables them to communicate with each other, managing the output safely, and preventing the transfer of charge between batteries. Unlike other systems the linked batteries can be in any state of charge. PAGlink also allows batteries to be hot-swapped for constant, uninterrupted power.
We also checked out the PAGL90 Slim battery at IBC last year, which is a low-profile battery that is perfect for the ALEXA Mini. Check out our video from the show floor below.
To order your new PL150 PAGlink batteries, get in touch with our sales team at 0208 977 1222.