Having a dependable monitoring solution on your camera while in the field is a must for any DoP or camera operator. Camera LCD screens and cheaper monitors simply do not offer the confidence that higher end EVF and monitor solutions offer.
Nowadays, we're very lucky to have incredible piece of technology such as the Atomos Shogun and Convergent Design Odyssey7Q+ which are not only incredibly powerful 4K recorders, but also superb 7 inch monitoring solutions to help you expose, frame and focus your shots more precisely. Of course their are size-able units, and maybe not the best performance in bright sunlight. This is where a good EVF comes into play. And Zacuto have not just a good one, they have a top-class fantastic EVF, which is basically compatible with just about any HDMI/SDI camera out there right now.
Sporting the same world-class imaging technology and I/O as the Gratical HD, the new Gratical X, is a bit different as it is more affordable and lets users pick and choose only the functions and features they want to pay for. "A-la-carte" features has arrived for the Gratical family EVF's.
The new Gratical X is nearly half the cost of the more expensive, but fully featured Gratical HD, however this time users can add on as little or as many features they want and save some money. Of course, there comes a point where after 5 or 6 features it may become cost prohibitive to go for the X, whereas the HD model will give you more cost savings right off the bat, and also any future upgrades are free to Gratical HD users, whereas Gratical X will have to pay for them if the want them.
Here's an informative product video update from Zacuto on the new Gratical X EVF.
The Gratical X Micro-OLED electronic viewfinder uses the same extremely powerful FPGA dual-core processor and Micro-OLED display as the Gratical HD. The Micro-OLED display supports high-pixel density with unparalleled resolution, true blacks, gamma and contrast range. The Gratical HD has 5.4 million pixels on a 0.61” diagonal screen no bigger than the size of your thumbnail.
Features & Specs
* MICRO OLED DISPLAY Screen Dimension - 0.61” diagonal Resolution - Full Display 1280x1024, 16x9 1280x720 HD Contrast Ratio- 10,000:1 Refresh Rate - 60Hz Color Depth - 24 bit RGB Luminance - 120-250 cd/m^2 Pixel Info - 2687.21 PPI 5.4 million pixels 16.7 million colors
* INCLUDED VIDEO PROCESSING FEATURES Color Processor - RGB, saturation, brightness, contrast Test Pattern - (color bars & Macbeth) Four programmable buttons Frame Rates - 23.98p, 23.98PsF, 24p, 24PsF, 25p, 25PsF, 29.97PsF, 50i, 50p, 59.94i, 60i, 60p
* CONNECTIONS IN HDMI - 1.4b compliant, resolutions up to 1080p/60 HD-SDI - Resolutions up to 1080p/60, loop out
* POWER Compatible with LP-E6 battery (7.8V 1800mAH LiON) Battery run time ~ 3-4 hours depending on features used
* ADDITIONAL FEATURES AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE Custom Scaling/User Presets Zebra Stripes - Customize width, color, thresholds Vectorscope Waveform (3D) Histogram (RGB, Luma) Audio Meters LUT import and editing Red Line Peaking (multi-color) False Color Frame Store Feature HDMI output SDI output Cross Conversion - HDMI to HD-SDI, independent LUT on output stream
Prices on the a-la-carte features vary from $85 for Audio meters for example, to $700 for a bundle featuring peaking, red-line peaking, zebras, scopes, HDMI & SDI outputs with cross convert and 1x1 zoom.
For more details on the customizable options, head over to Zacuto.
And to learn more about the Gratical functionality and features, check out this informative video below.
We do have the Zacuto Gratical HD available to purchase, click here to go to our website, or otherwise to order your Gratical HD or Gratical X, gives us a call at 0208 977 1222.