Today, Panasonic announces release of firmware update version 1.10 for the Panasonic AU-EVA1 compact cinema camera. The 5.7K Super 35mm EVA1 started shipping back in November 2017, and is currently IN STOCK with us. Recently named one of the best cameras of 2017 by No Film School, the EVA1 is ideal for capturing true cinematic images thanks to its higher native resolution, the 5.7K sensor yields a higher resolving image when down sampled to 4K, UHD, 2K, and even 720p.
Firmware update version 1.10 includes a number of improvements and some bug fixes experienced with the EVA1.
This firmware includes the following improvements:
- 1. When the HDMI output is connected to BT-LH1850 monitor and displayed on it, once the monitor’s input setting is switched to SDI, "No Signal" is shown and no image will be displayed any more even if the setting is put back to HDMI. This problem is fixed.
- 2. Display of SENSOR TEMP at low temperatures is improved.
- 3. Panning at high speed may cause ghosting. This problem is fixed.
- 4. Focus Assists are not displayed on the SDI output destination when the LCD panel is disconnected, meaning that you don’t have to keep the LCD plugged in if you don’t want to. This problem is fixed.
- 5. An image on the LCD is defective when Open Iris F. A. is enabled. This problem is fixed.
- 6. Error in information superimposed on SDI (payload) at 24.00 Hz is corrected to 60.00.
- 7. Even if the Wi-Fi setting is switched from INFRA to DIRECT, the display of IP address will not change. This problem is fixed.
- 8. The camera cannot connect to Wi-Fi using D-Link DWA-171 (For Australian Market). This problem is fixed.
You can download the firmware update here and I have attached the firmware update procedure for EVA1 too.