The Panasonic DVX200 is quite the unique camcorder. It features a 4/3 type 4K CMOS large sensor and a fantastic 13x zoom fixed Leica Dicomar lens all into a familiar handheld camcorder design. Just earlier today, Panasonic release the latest firmware 1.40 for the camera which adds support for a wireless remote control via an iPad app as well as other improvements.
Firmware Version 1.40 Details
- Support for ROP application software for iPad, “AG ROP App”, is supported. It enables remote control via Wi-Fi connection.
- Wi-Fi module : AJ-WM30 (Panasonic) , USB-N53 (ASUS)
- Accuracy of Zoom Tracking (focus controlling during the zoom motion) is improved.
- V-Log L View Assist function is improved so that it starts/stops working by ON/OFF switching of USER button instead of holding it down.
- MODE CHK function is improved so that the states of AWB Ach and Bch (“OK” or “NG”) are also indicated.
The new AG ROP app enables wireless remote control of the AG-DVX200's picture quality adjustment, zoom, focus, and REC start/stop from an iPad. This allows easy touch control with an existing iPad, to further expand the mobility of the AG-DVX200 with crane and jib use compatibility.
The AG ROP (Remote Operation Panel) app is available for downloading, free of charge, from the Apple App Store starting on January 18, 2016.
Panasonic AG Remote Operation Panel App Features
- Wireless Remote Control*1 of Picture Quality Adjustment, Zoom, Focus, and REC Start/Stop from an iPad
Controllable Functions - i.ZOOM/ZOOM/FOCUS, KNEE (ON/OFF), TCG (TC/UB display and setting), REC CHK, REC S/S, SHUTTER (OFF/FIX/SS), GAIN, WB (PRST/A/B/AWB/ABB), M.PED, IRIS (AUTO/MANUAL), PAINTING GAIN (R/B), Menu display and setting, USER Button, Switching CAM/BAR Output image, and Character output ON/OFF
Other Functions CAM. INFO (display camera recorder info), THUMB (display and playback of camera clip), Remaining media/battery display, LOCK (disable operation on AG ROP app), and WARNING indicator
- Attach the AJ-WM30 Wireless Module or ASUS USB-N53 to the AG-DVX200 and install the free "AG ROP" app for iPad to enable wireless control of the AG-DVX200 from the iPad.
- Important - Apple iPad, iOS7.1, iOS8.1, iOS9 are supported. iPhone is not supported at this stage.
The Panasonic DVX200 requires the AJ-WM30 Wireless module or the ASUS USB-N53 in order to take advantage of the wireless control on the app. The cost of the Panasonic AJ-WM30 wireless module is around £120 + VAT.
To get yours or purchase the Panasonic AG-DVX200 get in touch with our sales team at 0208 977 1222.
Panasonic DVX-200 users can download Firmware Ver. 1.40 from Panasonic's website here.