Lens manufacturer SIGMA showed an impressive range of lenses at NAB this year including their new wide angle lens the 14-24mm F2.8 DG HSM Art.
Part of the ‘Art’ series of lenses it is ideal for shooting both video and stills plus VR. In fact Sigma offer a Front Conversion Service” for VR applications, changing the hood to a round one.
Designed for 50-megapixel cameras, it has a constant F2.8 aperture throughout the entire zoom range. With a dust and splash-proof construction with special sealing at the mount connection, manual focus ring, zoom ring, and cover connection it is perfect for use in the field. With a constant F2.8 aperture throughout the entire zoom range, it’s designed for 50-megapixel plus cameras for outstanding high-resolution image quality. An updated Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) provides fast and accurate autofocus. 3 FLD and 3 SLD glass elements; 3 aspherical lens elements; and 1 large-diameter aspherical element minimizes chromatic aberration resulting in extremely sharp images.
- Minimum aperture: f22
- Minimum focusing distance: 26-28cm
- Maximum magnifications: 1:5:4
- Angle of view: 114.2°-84.1°
- Full Frame Lens with APS-C compatibility
- Bright F2.8 aperture throughout entire zoom range
- Dust- and splash-proof construction with weather sealing
- Virtually zero distortion at infinity focus
- 4 Year USA Warranty