With cameras getting more and more affordable these days, naturally the essential peripherals are taking a similar course. The days of DSLR's being the only affordable option of shooting high-quality video are gone due to the rise of affordable Super35 camcorders such as the Canon EOS C100 and Sony FS5, but the need for good quality, but the need for affordable monitoring solutions has never been greater.
Sure there are quite a few extremely well build and solid options out there, but most of them cost over £600, which is more than half if not more than the full cost of some of the cameras that rising videographers are using at the moment for web content and other creative endeavours.
The good news is that AVtec are bringing out a couple of very affordable monitors for those on a tight budget. The XHD070 and the AVtec XHD070 Pro both cost below £180 and feature ultra-thin 7-inch IPS displays with 1280 x 800 resolution and are packed with professional features for focus and exposure.
AVtec XHD070Pro Features
- Lightweight 7” HD DoP Monitor
- Ultra-thin & lightweight 7” IPS Screen
- 1280x800 HD screen, PAL/NTSC colour system
- Supports 1080i & 1080p
- Built-in speaker & integrated jack port for headphones
- Four assignable function buttons
- Firmware upgradable through USB
- AC/DC adapter with EU, UK, US & AU plugs included
- Detachable sun hood attachment & foldable sun hood
- Focus Assist, Center Marker, Safe Frames, Check Field
- Image Freeze, Image Flip & Pixel-to-Pixel
- Histrogram, Exposure (Zebras) & False Colours
The new Avtec XHD070 and the Pro version are HDMI monitors with crips clean 1280 x 800 resolution displays and the 7-inch real estate provides a large enough canvas for operators to make sure their images are exposed correctly and in focus.
The Avtec XHD070 and XHD070Pro can be used with any DSLR, mirrorless camera such as the Panasonic GH4, Sony A7s II, Sony A7R II or 4K video camera with an HDMI output. The monitors both support NTSC and PAL compatible signals and have brightness levels of 400 cd/m2, a 800:1 contrast ratio and 178° vertical and horizontal viewing angles, making them really useful tools for photographers and videographers alike.
Both monitors come with a huge selection of accessories such as battery plates for Canon LP-E6 type batteries as well as the popular Sony NP-F L series type batteries.
Here's the full list of what's included:
- 1 AVtec XHD070Pro 7" IPS Monitor
- 3 Battery bracket for NP-F, BP-U & LP-E6 batteries
- 1 AC/DC combi adapter with EU, US, UK & AU plugs
- 1 Sun hood attachment & detachable sun hood
- 1 Ball head with 1/4” camera screw
- 1 HDMI (to HDMI mini) cable & HDMI plug lock
- 1 Operational manual
The AVTech XHD070 comes in at £159 + VAT and the Pro version at only £20 more - £179 + VAT. The Pro version has some extra features such as Histogram, Exposure (Zebras), False Colors, not available on the regular version. Both monitors are available to purchase from us at Visuals.co.uk or 0208 977 1222.
- Panel Size: IPS LCD 7.0 inch
- Panel Type: IPS LCD
- Resolution: 1280x800 (3.072.000 Pixels)
- Backlight: LED
- Dot Pitch: 0.11775 (W) x 0.11775 (H)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Brightness: 400cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio: 800:1
- Response Time: 25ms
- Viewing Angle: 89°/89°(Left/Right) 89°/89°(Up/Down)
- Input Signal: Video / Audio / HDMI
- Video Colour System: NTSC 3.58 / PAL 4.43
- HDMI Support Format: 480i /480p /576i /576p 720p (60/59.94/50/30/29/25/24/23.98) 1080i (60/59.94/50) 1080p (60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25 / 24/24fps /23.98/23.98fps)
- Headphone Output: Stereo 3.5mm
- Input Voltage: DC:7.4~35V
- Power Consumption: ≦5W
- Unit Size (LxWxH): 176 x 130 x 17 mm / 6.93 x 5.12 x 0.67 inch
- Unit Size (LxWxH) Incl. Sun hood: 180 x 132 x 43 mm / 7.09 x 5.20 x 1.69 inch
- Unit Weight: 0.29 kg / 0.64 lbs.
- Installation Method: 1/4 inch bracket screw hole, can be easily connected to the hot shoe mount, tripod fixed installation
- Working Temperature: -20°C～50°C / -4°F～122°F
- Storage Temperature: -30°C～60°C / -22°F～140°F