The Shogun Inferno is the latest flagship 7-inch 4K Raw recorder from Atomos featuring 10bit HDR Monitoring, 1500 nits brightness, and Raw to Raw CDNG recording up to 4K DCI/UHD 30p or 2K/HD 120p in addition to 4K/60p in ProRes/Avid DNxHR or HD up to 240fps.
“The best technology booms are the ones that truly WOW long standing professionals. HDR on the Atomos products leaves even the most experienced video professional excited like a kid in a candy store – never before have you actually been able to monitor and shoot what you are actually seeing” said Jeromy Young CEO and Co-founder. “Just as we opened up the changeover from MPEG to ProRes and the upgrade from HD to 4K, we’re focused on ensuring the exciting breakthrough that is HDR easily becomes part of every filmmaker’s arsenal. To do this all at 4K 60p is a real revolution”.
The Atomos Shogun Inferno features all the premium monitoring features previously announced on the Shogun Flame including 10 stops of dynamic range thanks to the new AtomHDR engine and 10-bit processing for smooth colour transitions and no banding.
Monitoring LOG is difficult when done in Rec.709, which inherently can display only 5-6 stops of latitute, thus making the new 10bit monitoring in the Flame and the new Shogun Inferno an invaluable tool in the arsenal of any professional or enthusiast video shooter.
Atomos Shogun Inferno Detailed Highlights and Features
- AtomHDR - lets you shoot with the high brightness range of your camera’s Log profile and preview the final, vibrant post production HDR result.
- 4K 60p ProRes/ DNxHR also includes all popular and standard frame rates including 24/25/30/50/60p frame rates.
- Super Slow Motion in Full HD 240p - available from 50p to 240p super-slow motion can be recorded from cameras that output these high frame rates including the Sony FS700 and FS5.
- Quad SDI - 4 x professional SDI inputs let you connect from cameras with 1.5/3/6/12G SDI outputs without the need for converters.
- Raw recording - Capture the RAW output from Sony FS7/ FS700 and Canon C300 Mark II/C500 over SDI, recording to either ProRes, DNxHR or CDNG.
- 10-bit monitor - increases the number of colours from 16.7 million for standard 8-bit panels to 1.07 billion, minimizing colour banding on screen.
- 7-inch 1500nit brightness - For Standard Dynamic Range (SDR) shooting ramp the brightness slider up to 1500 nit for hood-free outdoor monitoring.
- Apple ProRes & AVID DNxHR recording - Record to visually lossless Apple ProRes or AVID DNxHD in Rec709 or Log formats as an edit friendly, visually lossless industry benchmark independent of the camera brand used.
- PQ in/out - Take PQ out into larger HDR compatible screens or feed HDR from your NLE into the PQ input for HDR grading using the Inferno.
- Custom 3D LUT support - Apply a custom look to footage by uploading and applying “.cube” 3D LUT’s. View in full/half mode on screen, output it to a monitor or record into the footage.
- Continuous power - Our patent pending Continuous power system automatically swaps to the second battery when power is low for uninterrupted recording in the field.
- Playlist generation - Create playlists easily, either entire clips or tagged parts of clips, for playback on the unit or out to a larger screen
Check out this HDR walk-through video from Atomos for more details on how to get the best out of your new HDR monitor.
Alternatively, you can get in touch with our sales team at 0208 977 1222.