The Canon 4K top camera - the EOS C500 just received it's biggest price drop since release more than 4 years go. The Canon EOS C500 in both PL and EF mount is now just £6,995 + VAT. This is a significant value for money for productions looking for a high end Super 35 look and cinematic 4K/2K Raw and RGB 444 recording.
The Canon C500 is based on the C300 design, but it does take it a bit further with additional outputs and a more beefier and rugged exterior. The internal 50Mb/s recording onto Compact Flash cards and the fact that they share the same 8.8 Megapixel 4K Super 35 sensor is pretty much were the similarities end.
When it comes to frame rates, resolutions and codecs - the C500 is quite flexible offering various recording formats in 4K and 2K. The camera unfortunately does not record Raw internally, has to do so with the help of an external recorder such as the Odyssey7Q+.
Here's a brief summary of the options:
- 4K RAW10-bit 4096 × 2160 and 3840 × 2160 up to 50p. Includes 24p and 25p
- 4K Half RAW 10-bit 4096 × 1080 / 3840 × 1080 up to 50p, 25p, 24p
- 2K RGB 444 12-bit 2048 × 1080 / 1920 × 1080 50p, 25.00p / 24p
- 2K RGB 444 10-bit 2048 × 1080 / 1920 × 1080 50p, 25.00p / 24p
- 2K YCC 422 10-bit 2048 × 1080 / 1920 × 1080 50p, 25.00p / 24p
To get your Canon C500 head over to our Canon cameras page here or call us at 0208 977 1222.