Atomos just released the latest firmware update AtomOS 6.6 for existing Shogun and Ninja Assassin owners, giving them the chance to get HDR onto their monitoring devices. In addition, Atomos also released a beta-version of CinemaDNG Raw firmware update for Sony FS cameras for the Shogun only.
Here are the new features in AtomOS 6.6 for Shogun and Ninja Assassin owners:
- AtomHDR is now available on Shogun
- HDR monitoring is supported only when shooting in LOG - with cameras from Sony, Canon, Arri, Panasonic, JVC and RED.
- Improvements have been made to colour gamut accuracy.
- Improvements to accuracy and resolution in blacks when using AtomHDR mode.
- A visual improvement has been made to the AtomHDR slider for easier access.
- While in AtomHDR mode, a simplified HDR waveform line has been added to easily set the correct slider position for the dynamic range of the scene.
- AtomHDR includes options for WFM Auto which automatically sets the HDR level for the current scenes max brightness and WFM HDR which scales the WFM to view the HDR range to the full height of the WFM.
- The waveform monitor will now display a percentage scale based on the input log mode.
- Slow motion is now available in playback mode. Pausing video playback will automatically display the slider above playback controls and give you access to forward and reverse speed adjustments.
- Fixed an issue where some files exported from NLE's did not play audio.
- Fixed an issue where waveform monitor graticules were not visible with some menus on the screen.
- Fixed an issue where monitor would sometimes appear jerky when panning at 1080p60.
To download AtomOS 6.6 head over to Atomos.
Atomos also released a beta-version of the upcoming CinemDNG Raw recording for the original Shogun. Keep in mind this is a beta version of the software and performance can very.
Before downloading the CinemaDNG Raw Beta you should know:
- This beta is not intended for use in a commercial environment
- This is intended for Shogun users only
- CinemaDNG beta is only supported on Sony FS raw
- Avid DNxHD/HR isn’t supported in this beta
- Sandisk Extreme Pro recommended for recording
- Images will have a green color shift in Adobe Premiere (known issue in beta)
- Other bugs may be present in this release
- Support isn’t provided for this beta
- Revert back to AtomOS 6.6 or later to restore your Shogun’s original features