Recently Panasonic invited filmmakers and DP's from all over the globe for their #DVX4KTour in Japan promoting their latest 4K camera - the long-awaited AG-DVX200, the successor to the hugely popular, and quite revolutionary for its day DVX100B.
While, the latter was the first to add 24p frame rate to a camera of this size back in the day, the new AG-DVX200 takes it even further by incorporating a large cinematic 4/3 type CMOS sensor, a 13x zoom fixed lens, and Ultra HD 4K recording up to 50p as well variable frame rate recording of 120fps in Full HD 1080p for some serious slow motion.
- Newly developed F2.8 LEICA DICOMAR 4K lens with 13x zoom, 4K (4096 x 2160) 24p: 29.5 mm - 384.9 mm // FHD: 28mm - 365.3 mm(35 mm film equivalent).
- Beautiful Bokeh effects from a 4/3-type, large-format sensor.
- 12 stops of imager latitude faithfully recorded by new V-Log L gamma curve.
- Variable Frame Rate with a maximum of 120 fps (in FHD resolution).
- IR shooting capability.
- 5 axis Hybrid Image Stabilizer.
- Intelligent Auto Focus, Custom Auto Focus.
- Variety of Manual Focus Assist function.
- ND filters (1/4, 1/16, 1/64).
- 3 rings for independent Zoom, Focus, Iris control, mechanical zoom.
- 4.3 inch touch screen type LCD (Approx. 2.76 Mil dots).
- 0.39 inch high quality OLED viewfinder (Approx. 1.77 Mil dots).
- Battery cover for great handheld shooting experience.
- Camera Remote control support.
- Supports 4K, FHD and SD recording*4 on to SD memory card*5.
- Simultaneous, backup, relay or dual codec recording function using two card slots.
- Various input/output.
The AG-DVX200 from Panasonic is set to arrive in October and we over here at Visual Impact are particularly excited to fulfil our orders and make a lot of customers happy. This is set to become the next standard for documentary and event cameraman out there as the features and versatility this camera offers are simply not matched by anything else out there at the moment.