Say goodbye to shaky footage or bulky stabilisers that need hours of adjustments and balancing. The DJI OSMO is for everyone, regardless of experience or age. All you need is enthusiasm and the desire to take your creativity to the next level.
Whether it's a family holiday or a professional shoot, the DJI OSMO gives you a 4K fully stabilised camera in the palm of your hand. Literally - all you need is your hand and smart phone. The advanced 3-axis stabilisation that DJI is already famous for is integrated in their latest stabilised camera system - the OSMO.
The unit will have three options - the most affordable and easy to use being the version with the Zenmuse X3 fixed lens camera (borrowed from the Inspire 1 drone), which sports a 1/2.3-inch Sony sensor with a very wide angle of view (94 degrees), a version with the X5 Pro Micro 4/3 camera with interchangeable lenses and the X5R - which is similar to the X5, but also offers Raw recording for maximum quality and flexbility in post.
The OSMO is a fantastic time saver - no more fiddling with balancing, tools and hours of frustration. The DJI OSMO works out of the box and is already fully balanced.
“DJI consistently refines the way cameras move in space – whether they are in the air or on the ground,” said Frank Wang, DJI CEO and Founder. “With the Osmo, we have created a camera specifically designed to capture a smooth moving image regardless of filming conditions.”
Intelligent controls built into the handle make changing between shooting angles, capturing photos or recording video effortless.
Creators can view live images of what the camera captures, adjust camera settings and control smart filming functions including:
- Panorama – Take a picture and the camera will automatically pan around 360°, taking and stitching overlapping photos to create a panorama.
- Long Exposure – Make handheld long-exposures crisp using the camera’s stabilization technology.
- Slow Motion – Capture slow motion shots at 120 frames-per-second (fps) up to 1080p
Its on-board universal mount works together with an included smartphone holder in addition to other optional accessories including a tripod, a bike mount or an extension arm. The Osmo handle comes equipped with an on-board stereo microphone, as well as a 3.5mm audio jack for recording professional-quality external sound.
“Traditional handheld cameras are either shaky, or require bulky stabilizers that are difficult to set up,” said Paul Pan, DJI’s Senior Product Manager. “The Osmo moves the experience of handheld filmmaking from capturing what happened, to sharing expressive, smooth video that shows what an experience was like.”
Additional Osmo accessories include (sold separately):
- Tripod – Place the Osmo securely on almost any surface.
- Extension Rod – Reach out further for all new angles. Combine with the Tripod for added height. Bike Mount – Lock the Osmo to your bike for a new kind of bike movie.
- Universal Mount – Add extra microphone or LED light to your Osmo.
- Straight Extension Arm – Mount two accessories to your Osmo at the same time.