Canon just released firmware version 18.104.22.168.00 for their Canon EOS C300 Mark II, which was announced back at NAB 2016 and adds some significant new features to the C300 II such as Canon LOG 3, reduces shadow noise when Canon LOG 2 is in use, as well as DPAF support for the new CN-E 18-80 zoom and other features.
Canon C300 Mark II Firmware v.22.214.171.124.00 Highlights
- Adds Canon Log 3.
- Reduces Canon Log 2 noise in dark areas.
- Enables magnification to be used even during recording.
- The following features are enabled when these lenses are attached: CN7x17 KAS S/E1*3, CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S or CN20x50 IAS H/E1:
- Enables autofocus using the Dual Pixel CMOS AF function. (Not applicable to the CN20x50 IAS H/E1 lens)
- Enables the joystick on the camera’s grip unit to be set to operate the zoom.
- Enables control of iris to be set to manual operation, and control of focus, zoom and iris using the separately-sold Remote Controller RC-V100.
- Enables automatic aperture and push auto iris functions.
- Enables retrieval of metadata, such as the model name and the focal distance of the lens attached, and display of metadata on the camera.
- Enables Dual Pixel Function when these lenses are attached: CN7x17 KAS S/E1 lens, CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S lens or any of the EF cinema prime lenses.
- Adds peripheral illumination/chromatic aberration correction for the following lenses:
- COMPACT-SERVO lenses: CN-E18-80mm T4.4 L IS KAS S
- CINE-SERVO lenses: CN20x50 IAS H/E1
- EF lenses: EF 35mm f/1.4L II USM, EF 50mm f/1.8 STM and EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM.
- Enhances menu operations so that settings related to resolution/color sampling, etc. are retained to the extent possible when changing recording settings such as the frame rate.
- Supports ACESproxy (ACES 1.0).
- Alleviates the black-dot phenomenon that appears in the periphery of high-brightness light sources.