Canon expands their line-up of high-end field broadcast lenses by introducing two new 2/3” 4k field lenses earlier today – the UHD DIGISUPER 86 (UJ86x9.3B) and UHD DIGISUPER 90 (UJ90x9B).
The new lenses are capable of delivering exceptional optical performance, with the UHD DIGISUPER 86 surpassing even 4k resolution, with both offering outstanding focal range and are ideal for use within live broadcast production environments.
First class 4K image performance The UHD DIGISUPER 86 (UJ86x9.3B) and UHD DIGISUPER 90 (UJ90x9B) are part of Canon's evolving 2/3” 4K lens line-up and join the recently launched CJ12ex4.3B in the range. Both provide professionals with the freedom to shoot live broadcast or sport events in stunning 4K quality, and in a first for Canon’s 2/3” lens line-up, the UHD DIGISUPER 86 (UJ86x9.3B) offers resolving power beyond 4K.
The new lenses ensure exceptional resolution from the image centre to the edges, at both telephoto and wide angle, thanks to their advanced optical construction. Additionally, an increased use of fluorite and UD glass, combined with Canon’s expert use of coatings, results in exceptional control over ghosting and flare with sharp, high contrast images supporting a large number of tones.
Outstanding focal range and versatility The new models provide ultimate flexibility – the UHD DIGISUPER 86 (UJ86x9.3B) has an 86x zoom, with a focal range of 9.3mm – 800mm, and the UHD DIGISUPER 90 (UJ90x9B) goes even further to 90x, with a 9mm – 810mm focal range. To ensure operators can capture a diverse range of scenes, both lenses also feature a built-in 2x extender which doubles the telephoto power, while maintaining exceptional 4K resolution.
4K scenarios such as live sport, do not tolerate even the slightest amount of shake. Thanks to Canon’s optical Image Stabilizer technologies, the UHD DIGISUPER 86 (UJ86x9.3B) and UHD DIGISUPER 90 (UJ90x9B) deliver crisp, clear results, acquiring maximum precision, even during panning. This is essential for tracking moving subjects at sports matches and events, while compensating for swing-back. Additionally, operators are able to keep subjects in focus, even in challenging situations, such as when long focus but shallow depth of field is required.
Built to perform The UHD DIGISUPER 86 (UJ86x9.3B) and UHD DIGISUPER 90 (UJ90x9B) feature a compact design, comparable in size and weight to current HD 2/3” field lenses, allowing easy integration into operating environments. Both lenses also incorporate a 20-pin connector for integration with virtual systems and are fully compatible with existing Canon accessories designed for 2/3” HD Canon field lenses.
UHD DIGISUPER 86 (UJ86x9.3B) Features & Benefits:
- Outstandingly high resolution 2/3” 4k field lens with 86 x zoom and 9.3-800mm focal length (up to 1600mm with 2 x built in extender)
- Class-leading beyond-4k performance right to the edge of the image and throughout the zoo range for unmatched quality
- High contrast and high resolution in all wavelength regions and the B, G and R channels in the 4k and beyond 4k frequency bands
- Similar size and weight to HD field lenses for seamless integration with existing HDTV technical setups and shooting environments
- Beyond 4k resolution even with image stabilisation applied
- Full support for virtual systems thanks to the built in 16-bit encoder
- Fully compatible with existing HD field lens accessories
UHD DIGISUPER 90 (UJ90x9B) Features & Benefits:
- 2/3” 4k field lens with 90x zoom and 9-810mm focal length (up to 1620mm with the 2x built-in extender)
- Achieve stunning 4k resolution from 2/3” 4k cameras that extends right from the centre of the image
- Retain stunning 4k resolution even with image stabilisation applied
- Similar size and weight to HD field lenses mean it seamlessly integrates with existing HDTV technical setups and shooting environments
- Sustained 4k performance with precise focus and high zoom ratio
- Cover wide spaces like large sports arenas with a single lens hanks to the wide focal range
- Fully compatible with existing Canon HD field lens accessories
Pricing and availability has not been made available yet, and as soon as it is released we'd be sure to let you know. For all your Canon needs be it professional broadcast lenses or cameras, get in touch with our Canon specialists at 0208 977 1222.