Popular camera accessories manufacturer, Wooden Camera just announced a power distribution box for V-mount batteries called the D-Box and designed for the new Canon C300 Mark II.
Canon C300 shooters will find the new Wooden Camera D-Box for the C300 Mark II in V-mount very useful as it allows them to use popular V-mount batteries to power the new Canon 4K camera. This will come handy at this moment, as the C300 Mark II uses a new style batteries called BP-A30 and higher capacity A60, which are not compatible with the original C300 batteries. The C300 Mark II ships with only one standard BP-A30, and extra batteries are currently on back order until December, making a power distribution box like the the D-Box from Wooden camera a must for field production.
The D-Box is a custom version of our popular D-Box, which already exists, however the C300 II version adds power distribution, standardized remote start/stop, and hot swap abilities for the Canon C300 II.
The D-Box features 2 x 12 inch (30cm) cables from the power plate with one going to the 4pin LEMO power plug and the other going to the Remote port.
A LANC control board is also present inside the D-Box, which communicates with the camera and allows for any ARRI standard start/stop trigger to be used with the 3-pin Fischer port.
Here's a brief overview video from Wooden Camera.
The bottom of the D-Box includes 3 x 1/4-20 holes which can attach directly to additional accessories and mounting options for 15mm and 19mm studio bars.
Wooden Camera D-Box for Canon C300 II Features
Authentic IDX V-Mount plate provides 2x D-Tap (unregulated) and is hard wired to the D-Box. Inside the D-Box is a 10A fuse.
D-Box Slots Included:
1. D-Tap - 12V Unregulated - This slot can be swapped for Hirose, 2pin LEMO, or 4pin LEMO
2. 2 pin LEMO - 12V Unregulated - ARRI standard wiring - This slot can be swapped for Hirose, 4pin LEMO, or D-Tap (note that only 1x D-Tap can occupy slot 2 or 3)
3. 2 pin LEMO - 12V Unregulated - ARRI standard wiring - This slot can be swapped for Hirose, 4pin LEMO, or D-Tap (note that only 1x D-Tap can occupy slot 2 or 3)
4. 3 pin Fischer - 24V Regulated - Regulator built in to convert battery voltage to 24V - Maximum 3A shared between slot 4/5 - Note this slot is not swappable
5. 3 pin Fischer - 24V Regulated - Regulator built in to convert battery voltage to 24V - Maximum 3A shared between slot 4/5 - Note this slot is not swappable
6. 4 pin Mini XLR - 12V Input - Hot swappable power input with included 8 inch pigtail cable for standard 4 pin XLR (12V nominal) - Capable of providing power to accessories and camera without brick battery attached - Note this slot is not swappable
There will be two versions of the C300 II D-Box - one with V-mount and the other in Anton Bauer Gold Mount. UK pricing and availability hasn't been confirmed yet, but we expect these to priced around 700-800 GBP ex. VAT. We'd be sure to update you once they become available.
For all your Canon C300 Mark II or Wooden Camera needs, give us a call at 0208 977 1222 or browse our website here.