Do you remember the Canon ME20F-SH Full-Frame camera that can basically see in the dark? Well, today Canon announced the ME200S-SH - more affordable and compact professional multi-purpose camera with 12 stops DR and ISO 204,800 as well as EF mount and Dual-Pixel AF.
Key Features and Highlights ME200S-SH
- Super 35mm CMOS sensor with 8.29 megapixels
- Up to 12-stops (800%) dynamic range in Canon LOG to an external recorder and output up to 1080/50p/60p.
- Canon Wide DR
- Outstanding low light performance thanks to a maximum equivalent ISO of 204,800 and colour Infrared.
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for smooth, accurate autofocus and built-in ND filters for greater image control.
- Compact and highly versatile for easy remote operation with connections for an external remote control, monitor, sound and recorder.
- Canon EF lens mount with Cinema Lock supporting a large range of compatible EF/EF-S lenses and Canon Servo lenses with a 12-pin interface.
- 3G/HD-SDI out allows easy connection to monitors and recording devices
- Canon’s RC-V100 allows full remote operation over the camera
This camera will certainly find a lot of fans among wildlife documentary shooters as well as the surveillance and research industry where images in pitch dark conditions are often required.
Pricing has been announced at £4,369 including VAT and we expect to see the camera shipping in September 2016.
Check out our Canon ME20F-SH video from BVE 2016 for more info:
To place your order for the new ME200S-SH or the bigger Full-Frame ME20F-SH give us a call at 0208 977 1222.