A few weeks ago, Atomos quietly released AtomOS 6.51 firmware update, which adds Power Priority mode to the Atomos Shogun & Ninja Assasssin as to maximise battery performance when using the Atomos Power Station to power the camera and as back up for the device.
Here's all the details of the firmware update:
AtomOS v6.51 Update
- Added Power Priority mode. Access this option via the Battery Page.
- Two options - Battery priority or DC Priority
- Battery priority forces the device to use the on-board device battery first and then switch to a DC power supply when the battery has depleted.
- This option is to maximise battery performance when using the Atomos Power
- Station to power the camera and as back up for the device
- DC Priority will always use DC as the power source when selected.
- Should be used when using a true AC-DC 110-240V mains
- Use Battery priority mode when using Power Station over DC to device.
Bug Fixes: - Fixed occasional dropped frame when recording in some FS700 Raw modes. - Fixed occasional colour encoding issue when recording DNxHR from FS700 Raw. - Fixed SDI audio output issue that caused audio problems with some broadcast equipment. - Fixed occasional record failure issue when Time-lapse motion blur is enabled with some video inputs - Fixed occasional scrambled frames on playback - Corrected the HDMI audio stream packet information - Fixed an issue where 24 bit audio output was corrupted during playback. - Fixed an issue where screen tearing would sometimes appear on the right hand side of the screen.
See the video from Atomos below explaining the new features:
To download the latest firmware update v6.51 for your Ninja Assassin or Atomos Shogun 4K recorder, right click and download the zip file here.