Atomos release new AtomOS 8.41 firmware for the Sumo HDR production monitors (Sumo19 and Sumo19m). Update version 8.41 improves on the blacks and dynamic back-light control of the previous release, adding further improved black levels and screen response.
Currently Atomos is running a FREE sunhood promotion when you buy a Sumo19 or Sumo19M before the 15th December 2017. The sunhood is a fully collapsible zipper design that securely attaches to the front bezel of the Sumo body via 1/4-20 screws.
This design allows the collapsed hood to double up as a screen protector for safe transportation. The Sumo19/Sumo19M sunhood reduces the effect of reflections onset improving your HDR experience and viewing environment, with a durable outer fabric and a soft velvet inner, making it a must for onset monitoring.
Learn more about the new Dynamic Back-light Control on the Sumo19 monitor range in the Atomos video below:
AtomOS 8.41 Firmware also adds support for the Panasonic AU-EVA1’s 6G-SDI output with audio embedding as well as support for the ARRI Alexa Mini and Amira’s 6G-SDI outputs, plus other 6G cameras and switchers. The Sumo19 gains the same SDI 1 and SDI 2 input selection touchscreen toggle from the Sumo19M.
AtomOS 8.41 Firmware Release Notes
• Improved Black Levels and screen response. Now comparable with industry standard Rec709 OLED/LCD monitors.
• Added complete SMPTE 6G SDI compatibility for Audio Embedding, Timecode and start stop trigger enabling full compatibility with Panasonic EVA1, ARRI Alexa Mini, other 6G cameras and switchers.
• Selectable inputs 12/6/3G-SDI 1/SDI 2/HDMI 2.0 now active on Sumo19
• Dual link Prores and Dnx 4KUHD/DCIp 23.98/24/25/29.97. There is also VFR support for Dual link 50/59.94/60
• Fixed an issue where the HDR slider value was not saved when using auto HDR Mode.
• Auto HDR mode. 20% improvement to system start up time.
• Improved panel motion response and processing.
You can download firmware 8.41 directly from the Atomos website https://atomos.com/firmware