Announced earlier today at ISE 2016, RovoCam is AJA’s first compact block camera for industrial, corporate, security, ProAV and broadcast applications and quite the departure from the company's first camera - the AJA Cion - which targeted filmmakers and video producers with a Super 35 sensor and UHD ProRes recording on board.
RovoCam’s HDBaseT interface supports control of 4K/UltraHD video, power, audio and RS-232 over a single Cat 5e/6 cable.
The Rovocam supports high-resolution UltraHD and HD video capture thanks to the superior Sony optics with built-in 12x optical and up to 20x zoom with Sony Super Resolution Zoom. Unlike other cameras in this category, the RovoCam utilises an integrated HDBaseT interface supporting uncompressed video, power, stereo audio and RS-232 control over a single CAT 5e/6 cable running at lengths of up to 100 meters. Delivering this much functionality and power with single cable connectivity dramatically simplifies installation, camera setup and footprint requirements.
At the heart of the RovoCam is a Sony 4K FCB-ER8300 Functional Camera Block with back illuminated CMOS sensor technology. The internals are encased in rugged and durable aluminium, RovoCam’s small and light form factor allows simple mounting in a wide range of scenarios.
RovoRx-HDMI, the companion receiver unit, offers the simplest integration for RovoCam with an HDMI output, and all video/audio signals, power, and control over HDBaseT. RovoCam is also compatible with select third party receivers.
- HDBaseT interface supporting uncompressed video, stereo audio, control and power over a single CAT 5e/6 cable
- “4K” UltraHD and HD resolutions
- 1/2.3 type 8.9 megapixel back illuminated CMOS sensor
- Integrated zoom lens, 12x optical (20x with Super Resolution Zoom)
- Integrated image processor with extensive automatic and/or manual control
- Additional on-camera power and RS-232 connections for maximum flexibility
- Supports Sony VISCA camera control
- Stereo mic input supporting PiP power
- Machined aluminum case with standard mounting options on each side
- Compatible with Sony’s SNCUNIHB/1 outdoor housing
- HDBaseT receiver supporting video, stereo audio, control and power over a single CAT 5e/6 cable
- UltraHD and HD resolutions
- 1 x “4K” UltraHD/HD HDMI output
- 1 x RCA audio output
- 1 x USB for firmware updates and additional control
- 1 x RS-232 output
RovoCam will be available around $2,495 USD in the US, and even though UK pricing has not been set yet, once this happens we'll update you. The RovoRX-HDMI will be available for a US MSRP of $495.