The Sony 4K Creators YouTube channel put together a very handy video on the top 7 things you need to know about the latest firmware version 7.01 on the Sony PMW-F55 camera. The latest firmware for the F5/F55 CineAlta cameras includes some highly anticipated features such as Quick Menu, improved Zebras, new simultaneous recording mode and BT.2020 colour space support on the PMW-F55.
For those of you who are yet not familiar with Firmware version 7.01, the short video below will get you the 7 things you need to know about it:
- Tip #1: Quick Menu in the side user interface screen: Available when hitting the OPTION button, Quick Menu gives users quick access to vital parameters such as Project Settings including colour space selection, monitoring, MLUTs and more.
- Tip #2: MPEG2 50Mb/s 422 proxies now go up to 60 fps
- Tip #3: Rec. 2020 in Custom Mode. Now PMW-F55 users can future proof their images for the new UHD TV standard.
- Tip #4: Extended Zebras from 0 to 109%
- Tip #5: Improved User Gamma Output in Custom
- Tip #6: Menus now load much faster - small change, but goes a long way on a shoot.
- Tip #7: iOS Device users: FYI, when you use your iOS devices to control the F55 via wi-fi , remember to turn off Private mode.
For a more detailed write-up on the details of Firmware Version 7.01 check out our blog post we did a while back here.
To get your F55 head over to our website here or call us at 0208 977 1222.