Purchasing a professional camera can often be a rather involved process and researching the right camera for your needs isn't always as easy as it seems. In this video, we've put together five important things you need to be aware of if you are considering purchasing the Blackmagic Design URSA Mini 4.6K camera.
The URSA Mini 4.6K is capable of producing stunning images, but high performance requires fast Cfast 2.0 cards and large capacity V-mount or Anton Bauer batteries. Unlike conventional camcorders in its price range, the URSA Mini forgoes proprietary batteries (FS7 and C300 II for example use their own proprietary battery systems, although they can be adapted to use V-mount/AB batteries) due to the higher power draw required to run the camera at high resolutions and high speed.
It's also important to know as pointed out in the video that you need to be aware what comes in the box when you order the camera, and what accessories are vital to make it run. For example, the body comes with only the hand grip and lanc cable - the Top Handle is part of the additional URSA MINI Shoulder Mount Kit. Also, the V-mount Battery Plate is sold separately.
Check out some of the footage we shot on the URSA Mini 4.6K recently here.
Blackmagic Design URSA Mini 4.6K Features
- Compact and lightweight digital film camera
- High performance 4.6K Super 35 sensor with up to 15 stops of dynamic range
- EF lens mount
- 5” fold out monitor with Full HD Resolution
- Dual CFast Slots
- 4.6K, 2K and Full HD recording options in CinemaDNG Raw, 4:1, 3:1 Raw, and ProRes
- Built-in XLR inputs
Resolutions and Frame rates:
- 4608 x 2592 up to 60p
- 4096 x 2304 (4K 16:9) up to 60p
- 4608 x 1920 (4K 2.4:1) up to 60p
- 3840 x 2160 (Ultra HD) up to 60p
- 3072 x 2560 (3K Anamorphic) up to 60p
- 2048 x 1152 (2K 16:9) up to 60p
- 1920 x 1080 up to 120fps (window 2.4x crop mode)
You can order your Blackmagic URSA Mini 4.6K EF directly here from our website or place your order with our Sales Team at 0208 977 1222.