JVC have just announced the latest firmware update for their LS300 Super35 4K camcorder - and this time the camera will receive the whopping 120fps for super-slow motion in HD. The free firmware is expected to be released in April. We have a hunch that this may happen around NAB 2016 held every year in Las Vegas around mid April.
The JVC GY-LS300 is a rather unique camera. Starting with its combination of a Micro Four Thirds mounts and a Super35 size CMOS chip, the LS300 is able to take pretty much any lens out there. Thanks to JVC's proprietary Variable Scan Mapping technology when Super 16 and Micro Four Thirds lenses are used the sensor utilises only a certain portion of the chip, this giving you a native field of view.
JVC GY-LS300 Features
- Newly developed 4K Super 35mm CMOS image sensor
- Micro Four Thirds System Lens Mount
- Variable Scan Mapping maintains native angle of view for a variety of lenses including Super 35, MFT and Super 16.
- Adapters available for PL and EF mount lenses
- 4K Ultra HD recording (150 Mbps, 24p/30p) to SDXC(UHS-I Speed class3) card
- 4:2:2 Full HD recording at 50Mbps (24p-60p)
- 3 position ND filter (1/4, 1/16 and 1/64)
- 3G-SDI and HDMI outputs (4K output via HDMI only)
- 2-channel XLR audio inputs with phantom power
- Shotgun microphone included
- Dual SDHC/SDXC slots enable Dual, Backup and Continuous recording
- Advanced JVC streaming engine compatible with USTREAM, Zixi and Wowza Streaming Engine
- IP Network Remote Control, Remote Viewing, Metadata editing, FTP clips (requires appropriate network connection and adapter)
You can order the JVC LS300 4K camcorder directly from our website here, or call us on 0208 977 1222 for a custom quote with accessories and lenses.