Filters for black and white photography perform a variety of filtration effects including contrast control, enhanced skin tones, tonal corrections and more dramatic landscapes.
Although originally intended for use with black and white film, these filters can also be used as a creative tool in color imaging.
Light red filter producing contrast effects that darken sky and water, as in more dramatic architectural photography. Not recommended for flesh tones.
Create dramatic sky effects, emphasizing cloud contrast for landscapes. Simulate a moonlit scene at midday with slight underexposure. Use with infrared film to yield extreme contrast with skies, turn foliage white and cut through fog and haze.
- Medium red filter
- Darkens blue sky creating dramatic contrast between sky and clouds
- Creates greater contrast between foliage and flowers
- Excellent copying filter for blueprints
- Used in scientific photography.
- Use with Polarizer for dramatic black and white effects