Variable ND Filter
Dave Dugdale's VND Shootout
The Tiffen Variable ND filter is a unique, versatile and flexible tool, affording you the convenience of using several Neutral Density filters all in one. Primarily used as a photographic tool for controlling depth of field and exposure, the Variable ND is being sought in the video market as well because it is fast, easy to use, small, lightweight, and does not require additional accessories such as a matte box. Available in 52, 58, 62, 67, 72, 77 and 82mm.
- Provides 2 to 8 stops of light control
- Thin profile ring - 9mm
- Wider outer optic to help reduce vignetting at wide angles
- Comes in Tiffen Professional packaging with padded black nylon pouch
- Made with high quality optical glass using Tiffen's ColorCore™ technology
- Made in the USA
- 10-year warranty
Tiffen Variable Neutral Density Basic User Guide
Why use a Variable ND Filter?
Neutral density filters reduce the amount of light going through the lens into your camera. By reducing the light you are able to achieve the following:
• Allows the use of slow shutter speeds, with high speed films or digital cameras, to record movement/image blur in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds or any fast moving subject
• Gives you full control over your depth of field. You are able to decrease depth of field by using wider apertures, which